BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Luke Worthington »8 of 24 «
Forward, 6-10, Freshman
Last school: Homestead High School, Wisconsin
Worthington is a highly-recruited freshman forward from Mequon, Wis. Butler, Princeton, Yale, Lehigh, Penn and Utah State were just a few among the 33 scholarship offers extended to Worthington.
As a senior and team captain at Homestead High School, Worthington averaged 13.6 points and 10 rebounds per game. During the recruiting process, ESPN.com ranked Worthington 43rd among the class of 2013 power forwards nationally.
As for what Worthington can bring to the Cougars, he says physicality is number one.
"I'm a very physical player and I think I'm sort of different in that way," Worthington told the Deseret News after he committed in 2012. "Coach (Dave) Rose obviously likes his guys to run and I can do that, but I'm also someone who loves to bang down low, rebound and do a lot of the dirty work."
»8 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28