BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Luke Worthington »8 of 24 «
Forward, 6-10, Freshman
Last school: Homestead High School, Wisconsin
Worthington is a highly-recruited freshman forward from Mequon, Wis. Butler, Princeton, Yale, Lehigh, Penn and Utah State were just a few among the 33 scholarship offers extended to Worthington.
As a senior and team captain at Homestead High School, Worthington averaged 13.6 points and 10 rebounds per game. During the recruiting process, ESPN.com ranked Worthington 43rd among the class of 2013 power forwards nationally.
As for what Worthington can bring to the Cougars, he says physicality is number one.
"I'm a very physical player and I think I'm sort of different in that way," Worthington told the Deseret News after he committed in 2012. "Coach (Dave) Rose obviously likes his guys to run and I can do that, but I'm also someone who loves to bang down low, rebound and do a lot of the dirty work."
»8 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Two LDS temples will be closing for extensive...
- LDS young man makes lasting impression on the...
- Obama signature all that's left in BYU's...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...