BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Graham Pingree »7 of 24 «
Forward, 6-8, Freshman
Last school: Cherry Creek High School, Colorado
Among a guard-heavy roster, the freshman forward might just get his chance to shine for BYU this season. The Cougars need big men who can come off the bench and create a presence in the paint.
"That's probably the biggest challenge for young players in our program, is to convince themselves to learn the system and then become comfortable in it as quickly as possible — especially our big guys," Coach Dave Rose told the Deseret News last month. "We're going to need Luke and Eric and Graham and those guys to really pick this up quick so we can use them in game situations early."
Last season as a senior for Cherry Creek High School, Pingree averaged 11.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.
»7 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Major LDS growth in Africa unaffected by...
- Provo's Waffle Love made time for church...
- Rep. Justin Miller pleads guilty to...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 53
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 40
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 19