BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Graham Pingree »7 of 24 «
Forward, 6-8, Freshman
Last school: Cherry Creek High School, Colorado
Among a guard-heavy roster, the freshman forward might just get his chance to shine for BYU this season. The Cougars need big men who can come off the bench and create a presence in the paint.
"That's probably the biggest challenge for young players in our program, is to convince themselves to learn the system and then become comfortable in it as quickly as possible — especially our big guys," Coach Dave Rose told the Deseret News last month. "We're going to need Luke and Eric and Graham and those guys to really pick this up quick so we can use them in game situations early."
Last season as a senior for Cherry Creek High School, Pingree averaged 11.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.
»7 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Man steals woman's boarding pass, checks into...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Families of 3 missing persons ask for...
- LDS World: How events in Paris are a reminder...
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is special for...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 57
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35