BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Graham Pingree »7 of 24 «
Forward, 6-8, Freshman
Last school: Cherry Creek High School, Colorado
Among a guard-heavy roster, the freshman forward might just get his chance to shine for BYU this season. The Cougars need big men who can come off the bench and create a presence in the paint.
"That's probably the biggest challenge for young players in our program, is to convince themselves to learn the system and then become comfortable in it as quickly as possible — especially our big guys," Coach Dave Rose told the Deseret News last month. "We're going to need Luke and Eric and Graham and those guys to really pick this up quick so we can use them in game situations early."
Last season as a senior for Cherry Creek High School, Pingree averaged 11.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.
»7 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27