BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Graham Pingree »7 of 24 «
Forward, 6-8, Freshman
Last school: Cherry Creek High School, Colorado
Among a guard-heavy roster, the freshman forward might just get his chance to shine for BYU this season. The Cougars need big men who can come off the bench and create a presence in the paint.
"That's probably the biggest challenge for young players in our program, is to convince themselves to learn the system and then become comfortable in it as quickly as possible — especially our big guys," Coach Dave Rose told the Deseret News last month. "We're going to need Luke and Eric and Graham and those guys to really pick this up quick so we can use them in game situations early."
Last season as a senior for Cherry Creek High School, Pingree averaged 11.5 points, 5.5 rebounds and 1.2 assists per game.
»7 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Two powerful forces make American families...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that... 146
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 101
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 96
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says... 91
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 91
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Utah football fall practice position... 24