BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Frank Bartley IV »2 of 24 «
Guard, 6-3, Freshman
Last school: Future College Prep
Growing up in Baton Rouge, La., Bartley was a big fish in a small pond. As a senior at the small 1A high school Christian Life Academy, he led his team to a 26-7 record and a state title. However, Bartley realized his dreams of playing Division I college basketball were diminishing as he failed to receive any scholarship offers. Instead of taking his chances in a lower division, he moved across the country to play for Future College Prep. After one season in California — averaging 19.7 points, 8.5 rebounds, 6.7 assists and 3.3 steals per game — Bartley became a hot commodity as several Division I schools recruited him, most notably BYU and Auburn.
According to a preview by the website Loyal Cougars, BYU will most likely play Bartley as a backup shooting guard. This will put him in the position to relieve BYU star Tyler Haws and, if his talent translates to the college scene, he could make a significant bench contribution.
»2 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- The Clean Cut: Michael Bublé and Idina...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 15 things you should give up to be a happier...
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars past...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 134
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 85
- Dick Harmon: Every player on BYU's... 71
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utah Utes football: No. 23 Utes defeat... 52
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- Utes still have outside chance at... 26
- BYU gets bowl-eligible with 42-23 win... 25