BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Frank Bartley IV »2 of 24 «
Guard, 6-3, Freshman
Last school: Future College Prep
Growing up in Baton Rouge, La., Bartley was a big fish in a small pond. As a senior at the small 1A high school Christian Life Academy, he led his team to a 26-7 record and a state title. However, Bartley realized his dreams of playing Division I college basketball were diminishing as he failed to receive any scholarship offers. Instead of taking his chances in a lower division, he moved across the country to play for Future College Prep. After one season in California — averaging 19.7 points, 8.5 rebounds, 6.7 assists and 3.3 steals per game — Bartley became a hot commodity as several Division I schools recruited him, most notably BYU and Auburn.
According to a preview by the website Loyal Cougars, BYU will most likely play Bartley as a backup shooting guard. This will put him in the position to relieve BYU star Tyler Haws and, if his talent translates to the college scene, he could make a significant bench contribution.
»2 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 48
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25