BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Frank Bartley IV »2 of 24 «
Guard, 6-3, Freshman
Last school: Future College Prep
Growing up in Baton Rouge, La., Bartley was a big fish in a small pond. As a senior at the small 1A high school Christian Life Academy, he led his team to a 26-7 record and a state title. However, Bartley realized his dreams of playing Division I college basketball were diminishing as he failed to receive any scholarship offers. Instead of taking his chances in a lower division, he moved across the country to play for Future College Prep. After one season in California — averaging 19.7 points, 8.5 rebounds, 6.7 assists and 3.3 steals per game — Bartley became a hot commodity as several Division I schools recruited him, most notably BYU and Auburn.
According to a preview by the website Loyal Cougars, BYU will most likely play Bartley as a backup shooting guard. This will put him in the position to relieve BYU star Tyler Haws and, if his talent translates to the college scene, he could make a significant bench contribution.
»2 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 43
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20