BYU, Utah and Utah State basketball: Previewing each team's incoming players for 2013-14 season
Frank Bartley IV »2 of 24 «
Guard, 6-3, Freshman
Last school: Future College Prep
Growing up in Baton Rouge, La., Bartley was a big fish in a small pond. As a senior at the small 1A high school Christian Life Academy, he led his team to a 26-7 record and a state title. However, Bartley realized his dreams of playing Division I college basketball were diminishing as he failed to receive any scholarship offers. Instead of taking his chances in a lower division, he moved across the country to play for Future College Prep. After one season in California — averaging 19.7 points, 8.5 rebounds, 6.7 assists and 3.3 steals per game — Bartley became a hot commodity as several Division I schools recruited him, most notably BYU and Auburn.
According to a preview by the website Loyal Cougars, BYU will most likely play Bartley as a backup shooting guard. This will put him in the position to relieve BYU star Tyler Haws and, if his talent translates to the college scene, he could make a significant bench contribution.
»2 of 24 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Motherhood Matters: 6 ways to help your shy...