10 BYU facts to know during the BYU bye week
PROVO — By beating Boise State for the first time, BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall picked up his 80th win. His career record at BYU is now 80-31 (a 72.1 winning percentage). The win over the Broncos also secured BYU’s place in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on Dec. 27. Under coach Mendenhall, the Cougars have qualified for nine consecutive bowl games.
BYU has an extra week to prepare for a tough road game against No. 24 Wisconsin on Nov. 9. Bronco Mendenhall is no stranger to Badger head coach Gary Andersen. From 2009 to 2012, Andersen was head coach at Utah State. The Aggies and Cougars faced each other during each of those four seasons. Andersen’s Aggies whipped BYU in 2010 by a score of 31-16. The outcome of that game is one factor that influenced Chuckie Keeton’s decision to play for Utah State.
As the Cougars head into the bye week, here are 10 facts and stats about BYU football.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- New temple president
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 35
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 30
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21