10 BYU facts to know during the BYU bye week
PROVO — By beating Boise State for the first time, BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall picked up his 80th win. His career record at BYU is now 80-31 (a 72.1 winning percentage). The win over the Broncos also secured BYU’s place in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on Dec. 27. Under coach Mendenhall, the Cougars have qualified for nine consecutive bowl games.
BYU has an extra week to prepare for a tough road game against No. 24 Wisconsin on Nov. 9. Bronco Mendenhall is no stranger to Badger head coach Gary Andersen. From 2009 to 2012, Andersen was head coach at Utah State. The Aggies and Cougars faced each other during each of those four seasons. Andersen’s Aggies whipped BYU in 2010 by a score of 31-16. The outcome of that game is one factor that influenced Chuckie Keeton’s decision to play for Utah State.
As the Cougars head into the bye week, here are 10 facts and stats about BYU football.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 219
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 70
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 22