10 BYU facts to know during the BYU bye week
PROVO — By beating Boise State for the first time, BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall picked up his 80th win. His career record at BYU is now 80-31 (a 72.1 winning percentage). The win over the Broncos also secured BYU’s place in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on Dec. 27. Under coach Mendenhall, the Cougars have qualified for nine consecutive bowl games.
BYU has an extra week to prepare for a tough road game against No. 24 Wisconsin on Nov. 9. Bronco Mendenhall is no stranger to Badger head coach Gary Andersen. From 2009 to 2012, Andersen was head coach at Utah State. The Aggies and Cougars faced each other during each of those four seasons. Andersen’s Aggies whipped BYU in 2010 by a score of 31-16. The outcome of that game is one factor that influenced Chuckie Keeton’s decision to play for Utah State.
As the Cougars head into the bye week, here are 10 facts and stats about BYU football.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 46
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Links: BYU gets a new commitment; Utes... 41
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 29
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this... 5