High school football: Felt's Facts for the playoffs' early rounds
With the expansion to six classifications, a record 72 teams advanced to the playoffs, up from 69 the past two seasons. However, the highest percentage of schools entering the tournament came in 1997 when 75 percent qualified compared with 70 percent this year.
Fifty-six teams — over 81 percent — of the 2012 participants return, and 63 of this season’s 72 tournament teams made the postseason at least once the past two years.
The 2013 tourney includes a half-dozen squads that haven’t seen tournament action for at least four years: Taylorsville (2003), Snow Canyon, Tooele (both 2006), Roy, Uintah (both 2007) and Salem Hills (2009).
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions. Email email@example.com.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 50
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 42
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 32
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 27