High school football: Felt's Facts for the playoffs' early rounds
With the expansion to six classifications, a record 72 teams advanced to the playoffs, up from 69 the past two seasons. However, the highest percentage of schools entering the tournament came in 1997 when 75 percent qualified compared with 70 percent this year.
Fifty-six teams — over 81 percent — of the 2012 participants return, and 63 of this season’s 72 tournament teams made the postseason at least once the past two years.
The 2013 tourney includes a half-dozen squads that haven’t seen tournament action for at least four years: Taylorsville (2003), Snow Canyon, Tooele (both 2006), Roy, Uintah (both 2007) and Salem Hills (2009).
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- New mission presidents
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney challenging...
- New temple presidents
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Dave Rose anxious to get...
- Tips & Tricks: 6 reasons you may be getting...
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in...
- Doug Robinson: $280M UCLA deal breaks record,...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 31
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27