Wild road ahead: BYU, Utah and Utah State face season-determining November slates
While the 2013 season has brought plenty of highs and lows already for BYU, Utah and Utah State, the end of the regular season is lining up to be perhaps more exciting.
The Cougars, Utes and Aggies all have opportunities to determine how their 2013 college football seasons will be viewed by outsiders during the month of November.
BYU is riding a five-game winning streak, and with games against national powers Wisconsin and Notre Dame on the horizon, the Cougars could find themselves ranked among the country's elite if they win out.
Utah is sitting at .500, needing two victories to get back in the bowling business. While Arizona State and Oregon loom, there are winnable games against Washington State and Colorado that could put the Utes back in the postseason.
Utah State, meanwhile, is 4-4 like the Utes. Despite losing starting quarterback Chuckie Keeton, among others, for the season due to injuries, the Aggies still can make a strong run to finish their first year in the Mountain West Conference. If Boise State were to falter and USU wins out, the Aggies would find themselves in the league's championship game.
With that in mind, here's a look at the remaining opponents for BYU, Utah and Utah State, with a look at the bowl possibilities for the three local teams:
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time at BYU
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 27
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 22
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 12
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 10