Utah State football: Aggies have a mediocre record but rank in the top 40 nationally in 26 statistical categories
Once Dorothy, the Scarecrow, Tin Man and the Cowardly Lion arrived in the palace of Emerald City, the Wizard of Oz was learned to be deceiving.
“You humbug!” an angry Scarecrow said.
“I am a humbug,” the Wizard acknowledged.
“You are a very bad man,” Dorothy suggested.
“No, my dear. I am a very good man,” the Wizard replied. “Just a very bad wizard.”
Criticisms were levied against the Wizard after it was learned that he had used various mechanisms to project himself as much more majestic and honorific than he actually was. In reality, he was a wizened man without much behind his appearance.
The Utah State football team is similar. They rank in the top 40 in the Football Bowl Subdivision in 26 of the 44 statistical categories on NCAA.com, through games of Oct. 26.
That looks great. Ultimately, however, the Aggies are just 4-4, evening the ledger with a win Oct. 19 against New Mexico. Previously, they lost to BYU and Boise State after the loss of Heisman Trophy candidate Chuckie Keeton and three other offensive starters. (The USU defense has not lost any personnel for the season.)
In nine categories (seven offensively), the Aggies still find themselves fourth or lower in Mountain West Conference.
Take a look at USU’s own smoke, fire and green heads.
Rhett Wilkinson is a project manager for UtahPolicy.com and https the true-blooded Aggies from Utah. The co-founder of magazine Aggie BluePrint.com, he's been an intern for the Deseret News and other publications. firstname.lastname@example.org | @wilklogan
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Strike up the band for better health
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 66
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 29
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 20