Halloween trivia: From top costumes to carving turnips instead of pumpkins
Turnips were the original pumpkins »13 of 15 «
Pumpkins are native to the New World, so before Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue, celebrators of All Hallows' Eve had to carve their jack-o'-lanters out of turnips.
»13 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him to...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- Long PBS piece calls Mormon welfare system...
- BYU football: What you need to know about...
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive pits...
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares US...
- BYU's Kalani Sitake isn't just the coach;...
- House Republicans' report faults Obama... 54
- In need of help, Trump finds few... 40
- The pro-life plan that could reverse... 38
- Did Trump really just become a... 37
- Big ruling for abortion rights in... 36
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 33
- Final Benghazi report: No 'smoking gun'... 31
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31