Halloween trivia: From top costumes to carving turnips instead of pumpkins
Turnips were the original pumpkins »13 of 15 «
Pumpkins are native to the New World, so before Christopher Columbus sailed the ocean blue, celebrators of All Hallows' Eve had to carve their jack-o'-lanters out of turnips.
»13 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Morning links: Utes land a local commitment...
- BYU basketball guard Anson Winder and...
- In our opinion: It's time to end the... 37
- In our opinion: Disney outbreak sends a... 33
- Robert Bennett: Obama's State of the... 30
- Letter: Prison nonsense 28
- Mike Lee: Tax reform shouldn't penalize... 26
- Ron Clegg: Primary seat belt law will... 21
- Letter: Pay for your share 21
- Letter: Peanut butter ban? 21