Halloween trivia: From top costumes to carving turnips instead of pumpkins
Halloween is a contraction of All Hallows' Eve »1 of 15 «
Scribner & Company
The word "Halloween" is believed to have originated about 1745. It comes from the Scottish, "All Hallows' Eve." The term "All Hallows' Eve" itself is believed to have originated in the 16th century.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback...
- Ex-Tabiona High teacher sent to prison for...
- Police break silence about controversial...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 66
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- Obama 'confident' of Islamic State... 19
- Americans link violence with Muslims,... 12
- Utah's Gov. Gary Herbert eyes more... 11
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 10
- Can Obama wage war without consent of... 5
- Rare snowstorm slams Rockies states,... 5