Halloween trivia: From top costumes to carving turnips instead of pumpkins
Halloween is a contraction of All Hallows' Eve »1 of 15 «
Scribner & Company
The word "Halloween" is believed to have originated about 1745. It comes from the Scottish, "All Hallows' Eve." The term "All Hallows' Eve" itself is believed to have originated in the 16th century.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical coming to Salt...
- How new research on chemicals in household...
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from...
- High school boys basketball: Lone Peak...
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- The rough road of single motherhood —...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 52
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 13
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 12
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10