Halloween trivia: From top costumes to carving turnips instead of pumpkins
Halloween is a contraction of All Hallows' Eve »1 of 15 «
Scribner & Company
The word "Halloween" is believed to have originated about 1745. It comes from the Scottish, "All Hallows' Eve." The term "All Hallows' Eve" itself is believed to have originated in the 16th century.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61
- 5 arguments Republicans are using to... 27
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries... 26
- Hillary Clinton faces promise, risk of... 24
- US senator says it's time to put a... 22
- Hillary Rodham Clinton completes shift... 18
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15
- Climate change plan faces high-profile... 15