Halloween trivia: From top costumes to carving turnips instead of pumpkins
Halloween is a contraction of All Hallows' Eve »1 of 15 «
Scribner & Company
The word "Halloween" is believed to have originated about 1745. It comes from the Scottish, "All Hallows' Eve." The term "All Hallows' Eve" itself is believed to have originated in the 16th century.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Everything we think we know about sex...
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- BYU football: Certain games on the schedule...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18