Halloween trivia: From top costumes to carving turnips instead of pumpkins
Halloween is a contraction of All Hallows' Eve »1 of 15 «
Scribner & Company
The word "Halloween" is believed to have originated about 1745. It comes from the Scottish, "All Hallows' Eve." The term "All Hallows' Eve" itself is believed to have originated in the 16th century.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Strack family: Search warrants begin 'to...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Crash on U.S. 40 west of Vernal injures 3,...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 62
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 40
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 21
- Obama on Ebola fight: US can't seal... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Israeli leader lashes back at harsh US... 13