Halloween trivia: From top costumes to carving turnips instead of pumpkins
Halloween is a contraction of All Hallows' Eve »1 of 15 «
Scribner & Company
The word "Halloween" is believed to have originated about 1745. It comes from the Scottish, "All Hallows' Eve." The term "All Hallows' Eve" itself is believed to have originated in the 16th century.
»1 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- Obama scores coalition victory with... 21
- Where do we draw the line on spanking? 16
- Islamic State group calls for attacking... 14
- Jailed, some mentally ill inmates land... 11
- Thousands march in NYC, around globe... 10
- How much America wants to be taxed 10
- Iranian youth behind 'Happy' video... 9
- Security breached: Intruder gets into... 9