Best, worst-case scenarios for BYU, Utah and USU basketball
As a new college basketball season dawns, BYU, Utah and USU fans dream of what their teams could accomplish in 2013-14. These fans hope to see their team dominate in conference, win against in-state rivals and make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Of course, dreams don't always come true. Sometimes, seasons turn out to be complete nightmares. Take BYU's 1-25 season in 1996-97 as a perfect example of how bad things can be.
So, what are the best- and worst-case scenarios for the Cougars, Utes and Aggies headed into the season?*Note: These are not predictions — they’re exaggerated and fictional scenarios.
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Why Syracuse mom killed her 2 daughters still...
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- British judge hears arguments in case LDS...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Viral video: Mom gives 3-year-old a chance to...
- Overwhelming reaction causes changes to...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- Minute-by-minute: How Utah and USU lost... 113
- Utah basketball: Utes outlast... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars outlast San... 86
- BYU basketball: Gonzaga builds early... 72
- Utah basketball: Utes get 'punched in... 72
- San Francisco coach apologizes for... 57
- BYU basketball: Kyle Collinsworth has... 44
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes advance... 30