Best, worst-case scenarios for BYU, Utah and USU basketball
As a new college basketball season dawns, BYU, Utah and USU fans dream of what their teams could accomplish in 2013-14. These fans hope to see their team dominate in conference, win against in-state rivals and make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Of course, dreams don't always come true. Sometimes, seasons turn out to be complete nightmares. Take BYU's 1-25 season in 1996-97 as a perfect example of how bad things can be.
So, what are the best- and worst-case scenarios for the Cougars, Utes and Aggies headed into the season?*Note: These are not predictions — they’re exaggerated and fictional scenarios.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 111
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29