Unforgettable records in local college football history that will make your eyes pop
Had he been able to put up a line of 226 receiving yards and two touchdowns against Houston last week, Hoffman would have set all three marks on the same day.
But don't let that discount his achievements at all. His 156-yard, one-touchdown performance in BYU's 47-46 victory over Houston proved instrumental in a key win for the team from Provo.
Hoffman's fourth-quarter touchdown against Houston tied him with Austin Collie for 30 career receiving touchdowns, and he passed Dennis Pitta for career receptions.
All that is left is passing Collie for career receiving yards, and breaking the touchdown tie. Hoffman needs just 71 receiving yards and another score to do so.
In addition to Hoffman's record-setting achievements, there have been plenty of individual and team efforts among the state's three FBS football teams that have been unforgettable.
Whether it's been making a national run, piling up statistics at a record-setting pace or playing at their peak against in-state rivals, here's a look at 25 records, streaks and top performances in BYU, Utah and Utah State history:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- New mission presidents
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 87
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 60
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 53
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 50
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26