Unforgettable records in local college football history that will make your eyes pop
Had he been able to put up a line of 226 receiving yards and two touchdowns against Houston last week, Hoffman would have set all three marks on the same day.
But don't let that discount his achievements at all. His 156-yard, one-touchdown performance in BYU's 47-46 victory over Houston proved instrumental in a key win for the team from Provo.
Hoffman's fourth-quarter touchdown against Houston tied him with Austin Collie for 30 career receiving touchdowns, and he passed Dennis Pitta for career receptions.
All that is left is passing Collie for career receiving yards, and breaking the touchdown tie. Hoffman needs just 71 receiving yards and another score to do so.
In addition to Hoffman's record-setting achievements, there have been plenty of individual and team efforts among the state's three FBS football teams that have been unforgettable.
Whether it's been making a national run, piling up statistics at a record-setting pace or playing at their peak against in-state rivals, here's a look at 25 records, streaks and top performances in BYU, Utah and Utah State history:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27