Unforgettable records in local college football history that will make your eyes pop
Had he been able to put up a line of 226 receiving yards and two touchdowns against Houston last week, Hoffman would have set all three marks on the same day.
But don't let that discount his achievements at all. His 156-yard, one-touchdown performance in BYU's 47-46 victory over Houston proved instrumental in a key win for the team from Provo.
Hoffman's fourth-quarter touchdown against Houston tied him with Austin Collie for 30 career receiving touchdowns, and he passed Dennis Pitta for career receptions.
All that is left is passing Collie for career receiving yards, and breaking the touchdown tie. Hoffman needs just 71 receiving yards and another score to do so.
In addition to Hoffman's record-setting achievements, there have been plenty of individual and team efforts among the state's three FBS football teams that have been unforgettable.
Whether it's been making a national run, piling up statistics at a record-setting pace or playing at their peak against in-state rivals, here's a look at 25 records, streaks and top performances in BYU, Utah and Utah State history:
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28