Unforgettable records in local college football history that will make your eyes pop
Had he been able to put up a line of 226 receiving yards and two touchdowns against Houston last week, Hoffman would have set all three marks on the same day.
But don't let that discount his achievements at all. His 156-yard, one-touchdown performance in BYU's 47-46 victory over Houston proved instrumental in a key win for the team from Provo.
Hoffman's fourth-quarter touchdown against Houston tied him with Austin Collie for 30 career receiving touchdowns, and he passed Dennis Pitta for career receptions.
All that is left is passing Collie for career receiving yards, and breaking the touchdown tie. Hoffman needs just 71 receiving yards and another score to do so.
In addition to Hoffman's record-setting achievements, there have been plenty of individual and team efforts among the state's three FBS football teams that have been unforgettable.
Whether it's been making a national run, piling up statistics at a record-setting pace or playing at their peak against in-state rivals, here's a look at 25 records, streaks and top performances in BYU, Utah and Utah State history:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20