Popular Rx drugs to go generic
»15 items «
The cost of prescription medicines used by millions of people every day is about to plummet. The next 14 months will bring generic versions of seven of the world's 20 best-selling drugs, including the top two: cholesterol fighter Lipitor and blood thinner Plavix. Between now and 2016, blockbusters with about $255 billion in global annual sales will go off patent. Generic competition will decimate sales of the brand-name drugs and slash the cost to patients and companies that provide health benefits. Generic versions of big-selling drugs for blood pressure, asthma, diabetes, depression, high triglycerides, HIV and bipolar disorder will be available in the coming few years. Drug prices to plummet as patents expire Brand-name and generic drug price comparisons Brand-name drugs going off patent through 2020
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 16
- House, Senate intel chiefs press White... 16
- Saudi king says terrorists will reach... 13
- It's about time the government... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 11
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 9