Popular Rx drugs to go generic
»15 items «
The cost of prescription medicines used by millions of people every day is about to plummet. The next 14 months will bring generic versions of seven of the world's 20 best-selling drugs, including the top two: cholesterol fighter Lipitor and blood thinner Plavix. Between now and 2016, blockbusters with about $255 billion in global annual sales will go off patent. Generic competition will decimate sales of the brand-name drugs and slash the cost to patients and companies that provide health benefits. Generic versions of big-selling drugs for blood pressure, asthma, diabetes, depression, high triglycerides, HIV and bipolar disorder will be available in the coming few years. Drug prices to plummet as patents expire Brand-name and generic drug price comparisons Brand-name drugs going off patent through 2020
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Ebola outbreak prompts evacuation of LDS...
- Doug Robinson: Erin Andrews switches teams...
- Peavler: Bronco Mendenhall and BYU embrace...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 47
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 37
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 25
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 15