Popular Rx drugs to go generic
»15 items «
The cost of prescription medicines used by millions of people every day is about to plummet. The next 14 months will bring generic versions of seven of the world's 20 best-selling drugs, including the top two: cholesterol fighter Lipitor and blood thinner Plavix. Between now and 2016, blockbusters with about $255 billion in global annual sales will go off patent. Generic competition will decimate sales of the brand-name drugs and slash the cost to patients and companies that provide health benefits. Generic versions of big-selling drugs for blood pressure, asthma, diabetes, depression, high triglycerides, HIV and bipolar disorder will be available in the coming few years. Drug prices to plummet as patents expire Brand-name and generic drug price comparisons Brand-name drugs going off patent through 2020
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New temple presidents
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex harassment...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Torn between two countries, family of missing...
- Syracuse sophomore Hunter Woodhall chases...
- Boy Scouts' leader says ban on gay... 168
- Congressional delegation not impressing... 32
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 28
- Clinton: GOP threatening small-business... 19
- Ireland has voted to legalize gay... 16
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 14
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 14
- Ohio patrolman acquitted in shooting... 13