Popular Rx drugs to go generic
»15 items «
The cost of prescription medicines used by millions of people every day is about to plummet. The next 14 months will bring generic versions of seven of the world's 20 best-selling drugs, including the top two: cholesterol fighter Lipitor and blood thinner Plavix. Between now and 2016, blockbusters with about $255 billion in global annual sales will go off patent. Generic competition will decimate sales of the brand-name drugs and slash the cost to patients and companies that provide health benefits. Generic versions of big-selling drugs for blood pressure, asthma, diabetes, depression, high triglycerides, HIV and bipolar disorder will be available in the coming few years. Drug prices to plummet as patents expire Brand-name and generic drug price comparisons Brand-name drugs going off patent through 2020
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Rudy Gobert made Suns pay for Foul-A-Frenchie...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 29
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Clinton seeks to cut into Sanders' New... 9
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl... 9
- Clinton's New Hampshire challenge:... 6
- US productivity fell at sharp 3 percent... 5
- Democratic race down to just two:... 5
- Debate Takeaways: Rubio shaken, Trump... 4