Popular Rx drugs to go generic
»15 items «
The cost of prescription medicines used by millions of people every day is about to plummet. The next 14 months will bring generic versions of seven of the world's 20 best-selling drugs, including the top two: cholesterol fighter Lipitor and blood thinner Plavix. Between now and 2016, blockbusters with about $255 billion in global annual sales will go off patent. Generic competition will decimate sales of the brand-name drugs and slash the cost to patients and companies that provide health benefits. Generic versions of big-selling drugs for blood pressure, asthma, diabetes, depression, high triglycerides, HIV and bipolar disorder will be available in the coming few years. Drug prices to plummet as patents expire Brand-name and generic drug price comparisons Brand-name drugs going off patent through 2020
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Utah Jazz: Red-hot Jazz shock the Kings, 122-101
- National Weather Service radar mistakes swans...
- Arizona family shares Christmas greetings...
- Little difference between PG-13 and R-rated...
- Utah Utes basketball: AD Chris Hill doesn't...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 36
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- Do Utah high school students need four... 30
- Health care debate about presidential... 24
- What you think of welfare program... 24
- India government likely to review... 23
- Health care signups increase to... 23