BYU football: Five questions with a Boise State insider
BOISE — BYU hosts Boise State on Friday night at LaVell Edwards Stadium in what looks to be an intriguing matchup. The Broncos eked out a 7-6 win against the Cougars last year in Boise and are intent on leaving Provo with a win.
Boise State is 5-2 on the year and will likely present a more potent offense than last year even with the loss of starting quarterback Joe Southwick to injury. The Broncos have scored more than 30 points in every game since putting up a meager six points against Washington in their first game.
The Cougar offense has found life as well, with quarterback Taysom Hill leading the charge. The resurgence of both offenses should provide a much higher-scoring game than last season, but will it be as competitive?
We caught up with Boise State beat reporter B.J. Rains, who covers the team for the Idaho Press-Tribune, to gain better insight into this year's Boise State team.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgTwitter: @BrandonCGurney
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 160
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 109
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29