BYU football: Five questions with a Boise State insider
BOISE — BYU hosts Boise State on Friday night at LaVell Edwards Stadium in what looks to be an intriguing matchup. The Broncos eked out a 7-6 win against the Cougars last year in Boise and are intent on leaving Provo with a win.
Boise State is 5-2 on the year and will likely present a more potent offense than last year even with the loss of starting quarterback Joe Southwick to injury. The Broncos have scored more than 30 points in every game since putting up a meager six points against Washington in their first game.
The Cougar offense has found life as well, with quarterback Taysom Hill leading the charge. The resurgence of both offenses should provide a much higher-scoring game than last season, but will it be as competitive?
We caught up with Boise State beat reporter B.J. Rains, who covers the team for the Idaho Press-Tribune, to gain better insight into this year's Boise State team.
Email: email@example.comTwitter: @BrandonCGurney
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- New temple presidents