Utah football: All-time, USC owns the series with Utes
Oct. 4, 2012: USC 38, Utah 28 »11 of 11 «
"It took 95 years for USC to play another game up on the hill and only a few minutes to ensure a successful return,” Facer wrote.
The 13th-ranked Trojans beat the Utes 38-28 at Rice-Eccles Stadium, shattering a close game with two touchdowns in a span of 2:40 in the fourth quarter.
An 83-yard scoring strike from Matt Barkley to Marqise Lee preceded a 38-yard interception return by Nickell Robey.
The end-of-game big plays nullified Utah’s to start the contest. Athlete Nate Fakahafua did nothing less but steal the pigskin from Barkley for a touchdown seconds into the contest. Then tackle Star Lotulelei recovered a fumble at the Trojan 13-yard line moments later, setting up quarterback Jon Hays for a six-point toss.
But the Utes gained just yards 116 after intermission — and “more than half came when the game had essentially been decided,” Rhett Wilkinson wrote.
»11 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- 10 million views in 10 days: Behind the...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- John Jones died in a cave, but his widow...
- David Archuleta, Mormon Tabernacle Choir,...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 46
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 36
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30