Utah football: All-time, USC owns the series with Utes
Oct. 4, 2012: USC 38, Utah 28 »11 of 11 «
"It took 95 years for USC to play another game up on the hill and only a few minutes to ensure a successful return,” Facer wrote.
The 13th-ranked Trojans beat the Utes 38-28 at Rice-Eccles Stadium, shattering a close game with two touchdowns in a span of 2:40 in the fourth quarter.
An 83-yard scoring strike from Matt Barkley to Marqise Lee preceded a 38-yard interception return by Nickell Robey.
The end-of-game big plays nullified Utah’s to start the contest. Athlete Nate Fakahafua did nothing less but steal the pigskin from Barkley for a touchdown seconds into the contest. Then tackle Star Lotulelei recovered a fumble at the Trojan 13-yard line moments later, setting up quarterback Jon Hays for a six-point toss.
But the Utes gained just yards 116 after intermission — and “more than half came when the game had essentially been decided,” Rhett Wilkinson wrote.
»11 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- LDS First Presidency announces changes to...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents child...
- New temple presidents
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 89
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 19
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 17
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12