Utah football: All-time, USC owns the series with Utes
Oct. 4, 2012: USC 38, Utah 28 »11 of 11 «
"It took 95 years for USC to play another game up on the hill and only a few minutes to ensure a successful return,” Facer wrote.
The 13th-ranked Trojans beat the Utes 38-28 at Rice-Eccles Stadium, shattering a close game with two touchdowns in a span of 2:40 in the fourth quarter.
An 83-yard scoring strike from Matt Barkley to Marqise Lee preceded a 38-yard interception return by Nickell Robey.
The end-of-game big plays nullified Utah’s to start the contest. Athlete Nate Fakahafua did nothing less but steal the pigskin from Barkley for a touchdown seconds into the contest. Then tackle Star Lotulelei recovered a fumble at the Trojan 13-yard line moments later, setting up quarterback Jon Hays for a six-point toss.
But the Utes gained just yards 116 after intermission — and “more than half came when the game had essentially been decided,” Rhett Wilkinson wrote.
»11 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church clarifies position on...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- LDS Church to create new missions in Utah and...
- Pleasant Grove pizza manager arrested for...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25