Utah football: All-time, USC owns the series with Utes
Oct. 4, 2012: USC 38, Utah 28 »11 of 11 «
"It took 95 years for USC to play another game up on the hill and only a few minutes to ensure a successful return,” Facer wrote.
The 13th-ranked Trojans beat the Utes 38-28 at Rice-Eccles Stadium, shattering a close game with two touchdowns in a span of 2:40 in the fourth quarter.
An 83-yard scoring strike from Matt Barkley to Marqise Lee preceded a 38-yard interception return by Nickell Robey.
The end-of-game big plays nullified Utah’s to start the contest. Athlete Nate Fakahafua did nothing less but steal the pigskin from Barkley for a touchdown seconds into the contest. Then tackle Star Lotulelei recovered a fumble at the Trojan 13-yard line moments later, setting up quarterback Jon Hays for a six-point toss.
But the Utes gained just yards 116 after intermission — and “more than half came when the game had essentially been decided,” Rhett Wilkinson wrote.
»11 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 102
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 52
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 43