Utah football: All-time, USC owns the series with Utes
Oct. 4, 2012: USC 38, Utah 28 »11 of 11 «
"It took 95 years for USC to play another game up on the hill and only a few minutes to ensure a successful return,” Facer wrote.
The 13th-ranked Trojans beat the Utes 38-28 at Rice-Eccles Stadium, shattering a close game with two touchdowns in a span of 2:40 in the fourth quarter.
An 83-yard scoring strike from Matt Barkley to Marqise Lee preceded a 38-yard interception return by Nickell Robey.
The end-of-game big plays nullified Utah’s to start the contest. Athlete Nate Fakahafua did nothing less but steal the pigskin from Barkley for a touchdown seconds into the contest. Then tackle Star Lotulelei recovered a fumble at the Trojan 13-yard line moments later, setting up quarterback Jon Hays for a six-point toss.
But the Utes gained just yards 116 after intermission — and “more than half came when the game had essentially been decided,” Rhett Wilkinson wrote.
»11 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks about...
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- College football predictions: How will... 110
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 62
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 41
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 35
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 32