Utah football: All-time, USC owns the series with Utes
The Salt Lake Tribune headline read "Utah Whales California in Fierce Battle" and the lead said, "the greatest crowd of the year rose to its feet and cheered lustily" after the victory.
According to the account of the game "they played with desperation and fury of few Utah teams" and "again and again the visitors were brought down in their tracks by the Crimson tackles."
Douglas, who played right tackle on offense and defense was the "hero of the day" as he "broke through the opponent's line and intercepted a lateral pass, sprinting a full 82 yards for the touchdown" in the second quarter.
Later in the third quarter, he recovered a fumble at the 5-yard line to set up a score by Gardner, who "tore through right tackle" for the touchdown.
USC got within one point early in the fourth quarter on a touchdown, but failed on the extra point try, leaving the score 14-13. Utah put the game away when Romney scored, set up by a 20-yard run by Gardner.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Mormon youths celebrate reopening of the...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test?
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34