10 moments that made BYU and NFL quarterback Jim McMahon famous — and infamous
To say Jim McMahon is well known both in Utah and in football would be a terrible understatement.
ESPN called him a rebel without pause. The BYU faithful still sing his praises for his on-the-field accomplishments. Chicago knows him as the "Punky QB" of Super Bowl Shuffle fame. His antics over the course of his career as a BYU and NFL quarterback have earned him fame, not to mention more than his fair share of infamy.
The gutsy, fiery and unrepentant quarterback is not a part of BYU's Hall of Fame. That, however, does not prevent him from introduction into the state of Utah's Sports Hall of Fame.
Along with BYU volleyball legend Michelle Fellows Lewis, Utah football legends Ron McBride and Marv Fleming as well as golfer Billy Casper, McMahon will be inducted into the Beehive State's hall of sports greatness this evening, his likeness forever to grace the walls of EnergySolutions Arena — at least until the Hall of Fame moves somewhere else.
With McMahon's Tuesday introduction into the Hall of Fame, let's take a look at 10 events by which McMahon earned fame and infamy.
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 99
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32