10 moments that made BYU and NFL quarterback Jim McMahon famous — and infamous
To say Jim McMahon is well known both in Utah and in football would be a terrible understatement.
ESPN called him a rebel without pause. The BYU faithful still sing his praises for his on-the-field accomplishments. Chicago knows him as the "Punky QB" of Super Bowl Shuffle fame. His antics over the course of his career as a BYU and NFL quarterback have earned him fame, not to mention more than his fair share of infamy.
The gutsy, fiery and unrepentant quarterback is not a part of BYU's Hall of Fame. That, however, does not prevent him from introduction into the state of Utah's Sports Hall of Fame.
Along with BYU volleyball legend Michelle Fellows Lewis, Utah football legends Ron McBride and Marv Fleming as well as golfer Billy Casper, McMahon will be inducted into the Beehive State's hall of sports greatness this evening, his likeness forever to grace the walls of EnergySolutions Arena — at least until the Hall of Fame moves somewhere else.
With McMahon's Tuesday introduction into the Hall of Fame, let's take a look at 10 events by which McMahon earned fame and infamy.
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 27
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21