10 moments that made BYU and NFL quarterback Jim McMahon famous — and infamous
To say Jim McMahon is well known both in Utah and in football would be a terrible understatement.
ESPN called him a rebel without pause. The BYU faithful still sing his praises for his on-the-field accomplishments. Chicago knows him as the "Punky QB" of Super Bowl Shuffle fame. His antics over the course of his career as a BYU and NFL quarterback have earned him fame, not to mention more than his fair share of infamy.
The gutsy, fiery and unrepentant quarterback is not a part of BYU's Hall of Fame. That, however, does not prevent him from introduction into the state of Utah's Sports Hall of Fame.
Along with BYU volleyball legend Michelle Fellows Lewis, Utah football legends Ron McBride and Marv Fleming as well as golfer Billy Casper, McMahon will be inducted into the Beehive State's hall of sports greatness this evening, his likeness forever to grace the walls of EnergySolutions Arena — at least until the Hall of Fame moves somewhere else.
With McMahon's Tuesday introduction into the Hall of Fame, let's take a look at 10 events by which McMahon earned fame and infamy.
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- The Clean Cut: Michael Bublé and Idina...
- The Clean Cut: A cappella group's take on...
- How America feels about Mitt Romney right now
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 131
- Dick Harmon: Every player on BYU's... 71
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 68
- Utah Utes football: No. 23 Utes defeat... 52
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- BYU gets bowl-eligible with 42-23 win... 25
- Utes still have outside chance at... 25