10 moments that made BYU and NFL quarterback Jim McMahon famous — and infamous
To say Jim McMahon is well known both in Utah and in football would be a terrible understatement.
ESPN called him a rebel without pause. The BYU faithful still sing his praises for his on-the-field accomplishments. Chicago knows him as the "Punky QB" of Super Bowl Shuffle fame. His antics over the course of his career as a BYU and NFL quarterback have earned him fame, not to mention more than his fair share of infamy.
The gutsy, fiery and unrepentant quarterback is not a part of BYU's Hall of Fame. That, however, does not prevent him from introduction into the state of Utah's Sports Hall of Fame.
Along with BYU volleyball legend Michelle Fellows Lewis, Utah football legends Ron McBride and Marv Fleming as well as golfer Billy Casper, McMahon will be inducted into the Beehive State's hall of sports greatness this evening, his likeness forever to grace the walls of EnergySolutions Arena — at least until the Hall of Fame moves somewhere else.
With McMahon's Tuesday introduction into the Hall of Fame, let's take a look at 10 events by which McMahon earned fame and infamy.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 222
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 73
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 42
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 27
- Off on the right foot: BYU Cougars... 22
- Dick Harmon: Onus is on Fredette to... 21