From BCS wins to stunning Stanford: Utah's top 10 wins
No. 9: Utah vs. BYU 2008 »2 of 10 «
Just like in 2004, the last and final game of the Utes' quest for perfection was BYU. Never before had both teams been ranked so high in the rivalry game, with Utah at No. 7 and BYU No. 14.
The Cougars kept the game close through three quarters, but in the fourth quarter, Utah took advantage of Max Hall interceptions and put up 21 unanswered points for a 48-24 victory.
With the win, Utah won the Mountain West Conference title and was BCS-bound to face Alabama in the Sugar Bowl.
»2 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...