From BCS wins to stunning Stanford: Utah's top 10 wins
No. 10: Utah vs. BYU 2004 »1 of 10 «
"ESPN College GameDay," the rivalry and the Utes only needing one more victory to make history — it couldn’t get any better for Ute fans. In 2003, Utah squeaked away with a 3-0 victory at LaVell Edwards Stadium in an all-out blizzard. This year, the skies were clear and Utah was ready to unleash Heisman hopeful Alex Smith.
The Cougars stayed with the Utes' pace in the first half, but after Bo Nagahi returned a BYU fumble 12 yards for a touchdown, Utah poured on the points, defeating BYU 52-21. For the first time, the Utes were BCS bound.
With the victory, Utah gave the Cougars a 5-6 season record and denied them bowl eligibility.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
- 5 underrated Disney movies