From BCS wins to stunning Stanford: Utah's top 10 wins
No. 10: Utah vs. BYU 2004 »1 of 10 «
"ESPN College GameDay," the rivalry and the Utes only needing one more victory to make history — it couldn’t get any better for Ute fans. In 2003, Utah squeaked away with a 3-0 victory at LaVell Edwards Stadium in an all-out blizzard. This year, the skies were clear and Utah was ready to unleash Heisman hopeful Alex Smith.
The Cougars stayed with the Utes' pace in the first half, but after Bo Nagahi returned a BYU fumble 12 yards for a touchdown, Utah poured on the points, defeating BYU 52-21. For the first time, the Utes were BCS bound.
With the victory, Utah gave the Cougars a 5-6 season record and denied them bowl eligibility.
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- New mission presidents
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 62
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 58
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 56
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 18
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to... 17
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 17
- Utah Jazz: Trey Burke scores career... 15