From BCS wins to stunning Stanford: Utah's top 10 wins
Utah’s win over No. 5 Stanford is the biggest win for the Utes ever in Salt Lake City. Coming into the game, Utah had yet to win a Pac-12 game this season and since joining the conference in 2011 had only managed to go 7-13 against Pac-12 teams.
The Utes needed a win. They didn’t just need a win, they needed a statement win that would send a message to recruits, fans and the rest of the Pac-12 that they deserve to be in the conference. As Travis Wilson took a knee and time expired at Rice-Eccles Stadium, fans rushed the field and the Utes had made their mark for the future, beating Stanford 27-21.
This isn’t the first time the Utes have managed to announce themselves on a national stage. Throughout the past decade and beyond, the Utes have played some pretty miraculous games that have helped push the program to a bigger and brighter future. Here are the top 10 games for the Utes:
Alex Rasmussen is a student at the University of Utah studying communications. He has been a writer for The Daily Utah Chronicle and The Deseret News and has worked as an anchor and reporter for the U's Newsbreak. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- New mission presidents
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- 9 things to never buy at yard sales
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 91
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 59
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 56
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 54
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 54
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24