From BCS wins to stunning Stanford: Utah's top 10 wins
Utah’s win over No. 5 Stanford is the biggest win for the Utes ever in Salt Lake City. Coming into the game, Utah had yet to win a Pac-12 game this season and since joining the conference in 2011 had only managed to go 7-13 against Pac-12 teams.
The Utes needed a win. They didn’t just need a win, they needed a statement win that would send a message to recruits, fans and the rest of the Pac-12 that they deserve to be in the conference. As Travis Wilson took a knee and time expired at Rice-Eccles Stadium, fans rushed the field and the Utes had made their mark for the future, beating Stanford 27-21.
This isn’t the first time the Utes have managed to announce themselves on a national stage. Throughout the past decade and beyond, the Utes have played some pretty miraculous games that have helped push the program to a bigger and brighter future. Here are the top 10 games for the Utes:
Alex Rasmussen is a student at the University of Utah studying communications. He has been a writer for The Daily Utah Chronicle and The Deseret News and has worked as an anchor and reporter for the U's Newsbreak. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- California bars judges from Boy Scouts...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles West...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- New mission presidents
- At BYU, Catholic archbishop seeks friends,...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight road...
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 97
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 87
- Memphis to punish 12 players for role... 78
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 59
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 52
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 50
- Morning links: Home stretch of... 31
- Doug Robinson: NFL overtime rules need... 26