From BCS wins to stunning Stanford: Utah's top 10 wins
Utah’s win over No. 5 Stanford is the biggest win for the Utes ever in Salt Lake City. Coming into the game, Utah had yet to win a Pac-12 game this season and since joining the conference in 2011 had only managed to go 7-13 against Pac-12 teams.
The Utes needed a win. They didn’t just need a win, they needed a statement win that would send a message to recruits, fans and the rest of the Pac-12 that they deserve to be in the conference. As Travis Wilson took a knee and time expired at Rice-Eccles Stadium, fans rushed the field and the Utes had made their mark for the future, beating Stanford 27-21.
This isn’t the first time the Utes have managed to announce themselves on a national stage. Throughout the past decade and beyond, the Utes have played some pretty miraculous games that have helped push the program to a bigger and brighter future. Here are the top 10 games for the Utes:
Alex Rasmussen is a student at the University of Utah studying communications. He has been a writer for The Daily Utah Chronicle and The Deseret News and has worked as an anchor and reporter for the U's Newsbreak. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 70
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29