Mike Sorensen: Midterm grades are out for the state's college football teams
BYU'S APPRAISAL »2 of 9 «
The Cougars knew they were embarking on their toughest schedule in school history and that there were bound to be losses along the way. But they probably didn’t figure two of them would be to a mediocre Virginia team and to Utah at home following a bye week. But the offense seems to be hitting its stride with quarterback Taysom Hill not only finally completing half his passes, but 65 percent in the past three weeks. Behind Kyle Van Noy, BYU's defense is consistently strong each week. The Cougars have also overcome the adversity of losing players to injuries and suspensions.
»2 of 9 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 46
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25