Mike Sorensen: Midterm grades are out for the state's college football teams
BYU'S APPRAISAL »2 of 9 «
The Cougars knew they were embarking on their toughest schedule in school history and that there were bound to be losses along the way. But they probably didn’t figure two of them would be to a mediocre Virginia team and to Utah at home following a bye week. But the offense seems to be hitting its stride with quarterback Taysom Hill not only finally completing half his passes, but 65 percent in the past three weeks. Behind Kyle Van Noy, BYU's defense is consistently strong each week. The Cougars have also overcome the adversity of losing players to injuries and suspensions.
»2 of 9 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- For his brothers: American Fork family with 4...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior season
- Jabari Parker posts photo of himself with LDS...
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high hopes...
- 15 things you should give up to be a happier...
- Felt's Facts, championship edition: Breaking...
- 'Fire is catching,' so catch up with Katniss
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Dick Harmon: Outwardly lobbying Big 12... 135
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 86
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- BYU to welcome FCS team Savannah State... 39
- Utes still have outside chance at... 27
- Brady Poppinga: From an early age I... 24
- Utah moves up to No. 20/21 after... 22
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21