Utah State football: Will the Aggies' school-record conference winning streak end?
THE COMEBACK »1 of 13 «
Nov. 5, 2011: Utah State 35, Hawaii 31
The night the Aggies said “Aloha” to at least a temporary program turnaround. Late in the first half in Honolulu, freshman signal-caller Keeton suffered an extreme stinger to his spine. USU trailed Hawaii 28-7 at halftime.
Then Adam Kennedy led the team onto the field at a stadium where the Aggies had lost three straight contests. The transfer from San Joaquin Delta College (Calif.) completed 8 of 12 passes for 163 yards and two touchdowns, including a 71-yard strike to Stanley Morrison to pull USU to 31-28 with 12:39 left in the fourth quarter. Kennedy then made several scrambles on the winning drive, setting up Robert Turbin for a one-yard plunge. Hawaii was done only after a 21-yard run by Warrior quarterback Bryant Moniz and an eight-yard dash by Joey Iosefa, who received a lateral but fumbled trying to pitch the ball again.
The win broke a four-game road losing streak and began a five-game winning streak to end the season, lifting USU to its first bowl appearance since 1997. USU entered the game having blown fourth-quarter leads in five of its first seven games.
»1 of 13 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 105
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 97
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 79
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 64
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43