Utah State football: Will the Aggies' school-record conference winning streak end?
THE COMEBACK »1 of 13 «
Nov. 5, 2011: Utah State 35, Hawaii 31
The night the Aggies said “Aloha” to at least a temporary program turnaround. Late in the first half in Honolulu, freshman signal-caller Keeton suffered an extreme stinger to his spine. USU trailed Hawaii 28-7 at halftime.
Then Adam Kennedy led the team onto the field at a stadium where the Aggies had lost three straight contests. The transfer from San Joaquin Delta College (Calif.) completed 8 of 12 passes for 163 yards and two touchdowns, including a 71-yard strike to Stanley Morrison to pull USU to 31-28 with 12:39 left in the fourth quarter. Kennedy then made several scrambles on the winning drive, setting up Robert Turbin for a one-yard plunge. Hawaii was done only after a 21-yard run by Warrior quarterback Bryant Moniz and an eight-yard dash by Joey Iosefa, who received a lateral but fumbled trying to pitch the ball again.
The win broke a four-game road losing streak and began a five-game winning streak to end the season, lifting USU to its first bowl appearance since 1997. USU entered the game having blown fourth-quarter leads in five of its first seven games.
»1 of 13 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS First Presidency announces changes to...
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents child...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- New temple presidents
- Former Speaker Boehner calls Cruz 'Lucifer in...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 80
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Morning links: NFL Draft prospect news... 18
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 17
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 15
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12