Utah State football: Will the Aggies' school-record conference winning streak end?
What a difference a week makes.
On game day against BYU, Utah State was favored for the first time ever against the Cougars. Now, the Aggies are seven-point underdogs to Boise State after losing quarterback Chuckie Keeton, who is on the Heisman Trophy watch list, for the season.
If the Aggies indeed lose to the Broncos as expected, several prominent streaks will end as well. USU has won five straight conference games at home and has not lost back-to-back games in its last 25 outings.
The most impressive: The Aggies have won 13 straight conference games, a school record. That’s nearly twice the previous mark of seven in the Big West Conference during the 1979 and 1980 seasons.
It’s only appropriate to recall those baker’s dozen games before they start fleeing memories following a likely loss to Boise State.
Rhett Wilkinson is a project manager for UtahPolicy.com and hails the true-blooded Aggies from Utah. The co-founder of magazine Aggie BluePrint.com, he's been an intern for the Deseret News and other publications. firstname.lastname@example.org | @wilklogan
- Ex-Utahn accused of killing 6 in Texas was...
- Drone flies over LDS Washington D.C.Temple,...
- Wright Words: Former priest, pastor share...
- Is independence a viable option for BYU, or...
- 5 rules for a happy marriage
- Parents of eight children both have cancer,...
- The Clean Cut: 'Harry Potter' and 'Twilight'...
- American Fork teen drowning victim identified
- Vai's View: Harvey Langi hopes to... 276
- BYU-Utah rated nation's 12th-best... 117
- Gordon Hayward agrees to terms with... 65
- Is independence a viable option for... 55
- 4 Utah college football players named... 30
- BYU football: Box Elder's Riley Burt... 29
- Utah Jazz almost on the clock to match... 25
- Jimmer Fredette returns to Provo to... 13