Utah State football: Will the Aggies' school-record conference winning streak end?
What a difference a week makes.
On game day against BYU, Utah State was favored for the first time ever against the Cougars. Now, the Aggies are seven-point underdogs to Boise State after losing quarterback Chuckie Keeton, who is on the Heisman Trophy watch list, for the season.
If the Aggies indeed lose to the Broncos as expected, several prominent streaks will end as well. USU has won five straight conference games at home and has not lost back-to-back games in its last 25 outings.
The most impressive: The Aggies have won 13 straight conference games, a school record. That’s nearly twice the previous mark of seven in the Big West Conference during the 1979 and 1980 seasons.
It’s only appropriate to recall those baker’s dozen games before they start fleeing memories following a likely loss to Boise State.
Rhett Wilkinson is a project manager for UtahPolicy.com and hails the true-blooded Aggies from Utah. The co-founder of magazine Aggie BluePrint.com, he's been an intern for the Deseret News and other publications. email@example.com | @wilklogan
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in Utah...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 67
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43