From 1 to 33: Ranking the basketball teams in the Pac-12, MWC and West Coast conferences
No. 1: Arizona Wildcats »1 of 33 «
2012-13 record: 27-8, 12-6 Pac-12
Postseason: Reached NCAA Tournament Sweet 16
The Wildcats enter the 2013-14 season with high expectations, even after losing their top two scorers — Mark Lyons and Solomon Hill — who were both seniors last year. A good portion of this optimism stems from a slew of incoming and young talent.
Arizona will benefit from transfer T.J. McConnell taking over at point guard after averaging 11.4 points, 5.5 assists and 4.4 rebounds in 2011-12 at Duquesne, where he played two seasons before sitting out last year. McConnell will team up in the backcourt with returning leading scorer Nick Johnson (11.5 points per game), who earned honorable mention honors on the Pac-12 defensive team last season.
Other incoming talent includes two freshmen wings — Rondae Hollis-Jefferson and Aaron Gordon — in addition to Kansas transfer Zach Peters. The 6-foot-10 forward Peters was recently granted his waiver request by the NCAA and is eligible to play this year.
National link: Athlon Sports Pac-12 college basketball snapshot
»1 of 33 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12 or...
- Is the Angel Moroni a lightning rod? Statue...
- LDS missionary who returned home early shares...
- 4A baseball tournament live streams:...
- Police: Body of man missing since March found
- You should learn about Zika if you're...
- John Williams remembered by friends as a man...
- Lindsey Stirling performs with Celine Dion at...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 71
- Morning links: Tanner Mangum an... 52
- Utah basketball adds Czech big man... 44
- Softball: Utah advances to regional... 34
- Utah defensive lineman reportedly... 24
- Video: 100 days until college football... 18
- Utah softball beats Kentucky, 5-3, to... 16
- Kyle Collinsworth to work out for... 10