BYU football: 10 facts, stats about the Cougars heading into homecoming vs. Georgia Tech
PROVO — After five games this year, BYU finally has a winning record at 3-2. The Cougars’ homecoming game against Georgia Tech on Oct. 12 marks the sixth game and halfway point of BYU’s regular season. If BYU wins three more games, it will play in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on Dec. 27 against a Pac-12 team.
BYU currently has a 2-1 record against Georgia Tech. Last year, the Cougars pummeled the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta, 41-17. The last time Georgia Tech visited Provo (2003), BYU won the contest, 24-13.
As the matchup between the Cougars and Yellow Jackets draws near, here are 10 must-know facts and stats.
Michael Chase is a graduate of Dixie State University and Deseret News contributor. He is the owner of Mike's Professional Editing LLC, which provides proofreading and audio transcription services. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Wanted Layton man dies in New Mexico plane crash
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 99
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32