BYU football: 10 facts, stats about the Cougars heading into homecoming vs. Georgia Tech
PROVO — After five games this year, BYU finally has a winning record at 3-2. The Cougars’ homecoming game against Georgia Tech on Oct. 12 marks the sixth game and halfway point of BYU’s regular season. If BYU wins three more games, it will play in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on Dec. 27 against a Pac-12 team.
BYU currently has a 2-1 record against Georgia Tech. Last year, the Cougars pummeled the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta, 41-17. The last time Georgia Tech visited Provo (2003), BYU won the contest, 24-13.
As the matchup between the Cougars and Yellow Jackets draws near, here are 10 must-know facts and stats.
Michael Chase is a graduate of Dixie State University and Deseret News contributor. He is the owner of Mike's Professional Editing LLC, which provides proofreading and audio transcription services. EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In our opinion: Confronted by power, Christ...
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- No stranger to struggle: Cottonwood's Cooper...
- New mission presidents
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but plenty of...
- Family 'shocked' over Taylorsville woman's death
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep Utah...
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 64
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 58
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 57
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with... 21
- Utah Jazz: Plan's playing out, but... 18
- Brad Rock: Jazz: Sign Gordon Hayward to... 17
- Mike Sorensen: To keep or not to keep... 16