BYU football: 10 facts, stats about the Cougars heading into homecoming vs. Georgia Tech
PROVO — After five games this year, BYU finally has a winning record at 3-2. The Cougars’ homecoming game against Georgia Tech on Oct. 12 marks the sixth game and halfway point of BYU’s regular season. If BYU wins three more games, it will play in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl on Dec. 27 against a Pac-12 team.
BYU currently has a 2-1 record against Georgia Tech. Last year, the Cougars pummeled the Yellow Jackets in Atlanta, 41-17. The last time Georgia Tech visited Provo (2003), BYU won the contest, 24-13.
As the matchup between the Cougars and Yellow Jackets draws near, here are 10 must-know facts and stats.
Michael Chase is a graduate of Dixie State University and Deseret News contributor. He is the owner of Mike's Professional Editing LLC, which provides proofreading and audio transcription services. EMAIL: email@example.com
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Red and Blue Recruits: Branden Bowen commits...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- 20 things I will not regret doing with my kids
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 163
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 112
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 84
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads... 28