Photo gallery: 1998 United States embassy bombings
The recent attack on Kenya’s Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, is the deadliest terrorist attack in Kenya since the 1998 truck bombing of the U.S. Embassy, which killed more than 200 people.
On Aug. 7, 1998, al-Qaida carried out simultaneous attacks in the East African cities of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. Between 10:30 and 10:40 am trucks loaded with explosives and parked outside of the U.S. Embassies in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi detonated killing hundreds of people.
This photo gallery recapping some of the events of that tragic day 15 years ago.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 41
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31