Photo gallery: 1998 United States embassy bombings
The recent attack on Kenya’s Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, is the deadliest terrorist attack in Kenya since the 1998 truck bombing of the U.S. Embassy, which killed more than 200 people.
On Aug. 7, 1998, al-Qaida carried out simultaneous attacks in the East African cities of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. Between 10:30 and 10:40 am trucks loaded with explosives and parked outside of the U.S. Embassies in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi detonated killing hundreds of people.
This photo gallery recapping some of the events of that tragic day 15 years ago.
- New temple presidents
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- New mission presidents
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Dave Rose anxious to get...
- Parishioners hold last service at church...
- Salt Lake's next skyscraper? Proposed hotel...
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in...
- Police identify longboarder shot in possible...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 73
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 48
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- My view: Character still matters in... 16
- Letter: Luxury homes in mountains 11
- My view: The one thing that could solve... 11