Photo gallery: 1998 United States embassy bombings
The recent attack on Kenya’s Westgate Mall in Nairobi, Kenya, is the deadliest terrorist attack in Kenya since the 1998 truck bombing of the U.S. Embassy, which killed more than 200 people.
On Aug. 7, 1998, al-Qaida carried out simultaneous attacks in the East African cities of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and Nairobi, Kenya. Between 10:30 and 10:40 am trucks loaded with explosives and parked outside of the U.S. Embassies in Dar es Salaam and Nairobi detonated killing hundreds of people.
This photo gallery recapping some of the events of that tragic day 15 years ago.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 148
- Greg Bell: Lessons learned form the... 87
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53
- In our opinion: Where has the family... 50
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 28
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 25
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 25