Utah-BYU: Rivalry games in which Utes never trailed Cougars
2004: Utah 52, BYU 21 »4 of 5 «
It’s the twin of the 2008 game, this one starring Urban Meyer and Alex Smith — and the ESPN Game Day crew. It was close near halftime before undefeated Utah broke it open to break down the BCS door.
As opposed to the other contests in Rice-Eccles Stadium, however, the Utes weren’t aided by an outpouring of BYU turnovers. One helped swing things Utah’s way, however. Current sideline reporter Bo Nagahi had a 12-yard fumble recovery early in the third quarter, and Steve Savoy built the momentum with a 92-yard run and 20-yard touchdown reception just 10 minutes apart from each other. Defensive lineman Steve Fifita added a pounding four-yard run with just a minute left in the game to put salt in the wound.
»4 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 36
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27