Utah-BYU: Rivalry games in which Utes never trailed Cougars
2004: Utah 52, BYU 21 »4 of 5 «
It’s the twin of the 2008 game, this one starring Urban Meyer and Alex Smith — and the ESPN Game Day crew. It was close near halftime before undefeated Utah broke it open to break down the BCS door.
As opposed to the other contests in Rice-Eccles Stadium, however, the Utes weren’t aided by an outpouring of BYU turnovers. One helped swing things Utah’s way, however. Current sideline reporter Bo Nagahi had a 12-yard fumble recovery early in the third quarter, and Steve Savoy built the momentum with a 92-yard run and 20-yard touchdown reception just 10 minutes apart from each other. Defensive lineman Steve Fifita added a pounding four-yard run with just a minute left in the game to put salt in the wound.
»4 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 45
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 25