Utah-BYU: Rivalry games in which Utes never trailed Cougars
2004: Utah 52, BYU 21 »4 of 5 «
It’s the twin of the 2008 game, this one starring Urban Meyer and Alex Smith — and the ESPN Game Day crew. It was close near halftime before undefeated Utah broke it open to break down the BCS door.
As opposed to the other contests in Rice-Eccles Stadium, however, the Utes weren’t aided by an outpouring of BYU turnovers. One helped swing things Utah’s way, however. Current sideline reporter Bo Nagahi had a 12-yard fumble recovery early in the third quarter, and Steve Savoy built the momentum with a 92-yard run and 20-yard touchdown reception just 10 minutes apart from each other. Defensive lineman Steve Fifita added a pounding four-yard run with just a minute left in the game to put salt in the wound.
»4 of 5 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake wants former Cougar...
- Nick Emery's freshman season at BYU filled...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- Strike up the band for better health
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Larry King interviews Lindsey Stirling about...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 103
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 67
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 29
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the... 24
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22
- Brad Rock: No BYU, but no regrets for... 22