Adoption, abortion and the pledge: Controversial religious liberty cases
Faith leaders say threats to religious liberty in the United States and abroad are increasing.
While many abuses abroad are overt actions of violence against minority religions, the domestic threats are at times more subtle, relying on court rulings and lawmaking to balance the rights of free speech and the exercise of religion against claims of discrimination and equal rights.
The following list highlights prominent cases in which religious freedom is a central issue.
- Faith and fame: Former 'Dancing With the...
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS First Presidency announces changes to...
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents child...
- New temple presidents
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Defending the Faith: Taking a 'Leap of... 34
- New poll finds Americans less likely to... 27
- Should your boss know that you keep the... 25
- ... 17
- The benefits some families see from... 16
- LDS Church outlines how it prevents... 10