Adoption, abortion and the pledge: Controversial religious liberty cases
Faith leaders say threats to religious liberty in the United States and abroad are increasing.
While many abuses abroad are overt actions of violence against minority religions, the domestic threats are at times more subtle, relying on court rulings and lawmaking to balance the rights of free speech and the exercise of religion against claims of discrimination and equal rights.
The following list highlights prominent cases in which religious freedom is a central issue.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- New temple presidents
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3