Adoption, abortion and the pledge: Controversial religious liberty cases
Faith leaders say threats to religious liberty in the United States and abroad are increasing.
While many abuses abroad are overt actions of violence against minority religions, the domestic threats are at times more subtle, relying on court rulings and lawmaking to balance the rights of free speech and the exercise of religion against claims of discrimination and equal rights.
The following list highlights prominent cases in which religious freedom is a central issue.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Police reviewing possible nightclub photos of...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former executive...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- Son of murdered woman felt peace in '91, now...
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 90
- LDS Church releases video about... 43
- Defending the Faith: Paul and his list... 22
- LDS stake presidency participates in... 19
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 9
- Want to keep your faith in college?... 7
- Is James Foley a martyr? A brutal death... 6
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 6