Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#10 - Idaho Falls, Idaho »2 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88 percent of the national average
Median home value: $127,626
Average state income tax rate in Idaho: 5.38 percent
Average property tax rate in Idaho: 0.69 percent
State sales tax rate in Idaho: 6 percent
As the state’s second-largest city behind Boise, Idaho Falls is a hub for both eastern Idaho and western Wyoming. The low cost of living and relatively low crime rates in Idaho Falls have earned it appearances on several other “best of” lists, and its recreational and cultural attractions include the Museum of Idaho, the Tautphaus Park Zoo and the Colonial Theater. The city’s Greenbelt offers joggers, cyclists and pedestrians a six-mile paved path along the Snake River.
»2 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Injured Mormon senior missionary shares long...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson, Utah...
- Dick Harmon: SI writer gets firsthand...
- LDS couple has inspired in the years after...
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football and...
- BYU football: New BYU coach Steve Clark...
- Judge sends Jeremy Johnson to prison for more...
- Utah drive-in theaters offer new films with a...
- How to recognize the signs of a scam... 5
- Michelle Singletary: Tying the knot... 1
- US growth is thought to have rebounded... 0
- Italian banks under glare as EU stress... 0
- Officials encourage travelers not to... 0
- Dave Ramsey says: Knowing when to raise... 0
- Sturt & Nordstrom: Pokemon Go says... 0
- Utah among 'most successful states';... 0