Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#10 - Idaho Falls, Idaho »2 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88 percent of the national average
Median home value: $127,626
Average state income tax rate in Idaho: 5.38 percent
Average property tax rate in Idaho: 0.69 percent
State sales tax rate in Idaho: 6 percent
As the state’s second-largest city behind Boise, Idaho Falls is a hub for both eastern Idaho and western Wyoming. The low cost of living and relatively low crime rates in Idaho Falls have earned it appearances on several other “best of” lists, and its recreational and cultural attractions include the Museum of Idaho, the Tautphaus Park Zoo and the Colonial Theater. The city’s Greenbelt offers joggers, cyclists and pedestrians a six-mile paved path along the Snake River.
»2 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has recovered...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married for...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 13
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 9
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 7
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 3