Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#10 - Idaho Falls, Idaho »2 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88 percent of the national average
Median home value: $127,626
Average state income tax rate in Idaho: 5.38 percent
Average property tax rate in Idaho: 0.69 percent
State sales tax rate in Idaho: 6 percent
As the state’s second-largest city behind Boise, Idaho Falls is a hub for both eastern Idaho and western Wyoming. The low cost of living and relatively low crime rates in Idaho Falls have earned it appearances on several other “best of” lists, and its recreational and cultural attractions include the Museum of Idaho, the Tautphaus Park Zoo and the Colonial Theater. The city’s Greenbelt offers joggers, cyclists and pedestrians a six-mile paved path along the Snake River.
»2 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Faith carries LDS couple as each of their...
- LDS missionary from Utah dies in Micronesia
- Cyclists killed in early morning crash shared...
- BYU chemist makes breakthrough discovery on...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Defending the Faith: Is morality mere illusion?
- BYU football: D-line returned missionaries...
- Why the rise of smart machines could...
- How will students pay for soaring debt?... 74
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 19
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low 18
- Why the rise of smart machines could... 11
- States explore free community college 9
- Borrowers using student loans for cash,... 5
- Which cities have the best income... 5
- Nickel and dimed: How pennies and... 4