Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#10 - Idaho Falls, Idaho »2 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88 percent of the national average
Median home value: $127,626
Average state income tax rate in Idaho: 5.38 percent
Average property tax rate in Idaho: 0.69 percent
State sales tax rate in Idaho: 6 percent
As the state’s second-largest city behind Boise, Idaho Falls is a hub for both eastern Idaho and western Wyoming. The low cost of living and relatively low crime rates in Idaho Falls have earned it appearances on several other “best of” lists, and its recreational and cultural attractions include the Museum of Idaho, the Tautphaus Park Zoo and the Colonial Theater. The city’s Greenbelt offers joggers, cyclists and pedestrians a six-mile paved path along the Snake River.
»2 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU men's volleyball: Cougars crush Long...
- Going the distance: BYU, Big 12 aren't that...
- With Trump on top, Romney will not attend...
- Morning links: Kalani Sitake tweets marriage...
- Utah football tragedy featured in excerpt of...
- Police: Amber Alert issued in abduction of 2...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion probable if...
- Student lives in truck for 2 years while...
- Confident Trump seeks knockout of Cruz... 11
- What millennials need to do to retire... 10
- Advocates: High court signals it won't... 7
- How to reap the financial benefits of... 6
- Apple reports iPhone sales down, 1st... 3
- Mystery solved? Australian says he's... 0
- Corporate earnings keep falling, but... 0
- Wal-Mart brings back greeters at the... 0