Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#10 - Idaho Falls, Idaho »2 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88 percent of the national average
Median home value: $127,626
Average state income tax rate in Idaho: 5.38 percent
Average property tax rate in Idaho: 0.69 percent
State sales tax rate in Idaho: 6 percent
As the state’s second-largest city behind Boise, Idaho Falls is a hub for both eastern Idaho and western Wyoming. The low cost of living and relatively low crime rates in Idaho Falls have earned it appearances on several other “best of” lists, and its recreational and cultural attractions include the Museum of Idaho, the Tautphaus Park Zoo and the Colonial Theater. The city’s Greenbelt offers joggers, cyclists and pedestrians a six-mile paved path along the Snake River.
»2 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jim McMahon: 37 years later, former BYU star...
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big part...
- BYU confirms Jim McMahon will be inducted...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- The Clean Cut: Toddler can't help but run to...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 38
- US wealth gap putting the squeeze on... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 15
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 9
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching... 4
- Child poverty just dropped for the... 4