Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#10 - Idaho Falls, Idaho »2 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88 percent of the national average
Median home value: $127,626
Average state income tax rate in Idaho: 5.38 percent
Average property tax rate in Idaho: 0.69 percent
State sales tax rate in Idaho: 6 percent
As the state’s second-largest city behind Boise, Idaho Falls is a hub for both eastern Idaho and western Wyoming. The low cost of living and relatively low crime rates in Idaho Falls have earned it appearances on several other “best of” lists, and its recreational and cultural attractions include the Museum of Idaho, the Tautphaus Park Zoo and the Colonial Theater. The city’s Greenbelt offers joggers, cyclists and pedestrians a six-mile paved path along the Snake River.
»2 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Former Cougar star Jackson Emery shares...
- Toddler basketball star, 'Trick-Shot-Titus,'...
- Mormon-raised Paul Walker remembered for...
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much money...
- Switched at birth, man raised in poverty...
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass, Cougars'...
- Most US workers unprepared to meet... 7
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Couple money woes: When one partner is... 5
- Frugal millennials leading way in... 5
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- 'Caregiving' it all: When taking care... 4
- Record crowds over weekend, but... 2
- Sherry Young: Credit card debt can... 2