Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#10 - Idaho Falls, Idaho »2 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88 percent of the national average
Median home value: $127,626
Average state income tax rate in Idaho: 5.38 percent
Average property tax rate in Idaho: 0.69 percent
State sales tax rate in Idaho: 6 percent
As the state’s second-largest city behind Boise, Idaho Falls is a hub for both eastern Idaho and western Wyoming. The low cost of living and relatively low crime rates in Idaho Falls have earned it appearances on several other “best of” lists, and its recreational and cultural attractions include the Museum of Idaho, the Tautphaus Park Zoo and the Colonial Theater. The city’s Greenbelt offers joggers, cyclists and pedestrians a six-mile paved path along the Snake River.
»2 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Dick Harmon: A visit to Greenwich, the place...
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- Freelancers and millennials help usher... 11
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Down payment for love: The costs and... 4
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 3
- US consumer spending dips 0.1 percent 2
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its... 2