Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#11 - Youngstown-Warren, Ohio »1 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88.2 percent of the national average.
Median home value (Youngstown): $44,813
Average state income tax rate in Ohio: 3.42 percent
Average property tax rate in Ohio: 1.36 percent
State sales tax rate in Ohio: 5.5 percent
Youngstown-Warren hit hard times after the U.S. steel industry collapsed in the 1970s, shrinking the city’s population by more than 60 percent over several decades. But the city is trying to revive its economy today through projects such as the Youngstown Business Incubator, a downtown space that aims to foster growth and collaboration among technology start-ups. On the cultural side, art enthusiasts may appreciate the Butler Institute of American Art and the McDonough Museum of Art, which stand across the street from each other on the Youngstown State University campus.
»1 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- Most American high schoolers don't know... 16
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 11
- Does getting married really increase... 8
- Remodeling? Experts say some projects... 6
- Study: 35 percent in US facing debt... 5
- Sneaky tricks restaurants use to make... 3