Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#11 - Youngstown-Warren, Ohio »1 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88.2 percent of the national average.
Median home value (Youngstown): $44,813
Average state income tax rate in Ohio: 3.42 percent
Average property tax rate in Ohio: 1.36 percent
State sales tax rate in Ohio: 5.5 percent
Youngstown-Warren hit hard times after the U.S. steel industry collapsed in the 1970s, shrinking the city’s population by more than 60 percent over several decades. But the city is trying to revive its economy today through projects such as the Youngstown Business Incubator, a downtown space that aims to foster growth and collaboration among technology start-ups. On the cultural side, art enthusiasts may appreciate the Butler Institute of American Art and the McDonough Museum of Art, which stand across the street from each other on the Youngstown State University campus.
»1 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fountain Green holds first Christmas light...
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Baby's first Christmas comes with gift of hope
- Hundreds of Mormons sing Christmas carols in...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- Pranks spark collection of toilet paper by...