Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#11 - Youngstown-Warren, Ohio »1 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88.2 percent of the national average.
Median home value (Youngstown): $44,813
Average state income tax rate in Ohio: 3.42 percent
Average property tax rate in Ohio: 1.36 percent
State sales tax rate in Ohio: 5.5 percent
Youngstown-Warren hit hard times after the U.S. steel industry collapsed in the 1970s, shrinking the city’s population by more than 60 percent over several decades. But the city is trying to revive its economy today through projects such as the Youngstown Business Incubator, a downtown space that aims to foster growth and collaboration among technology start-ups. On the cultural side, art enthusiasts may appreciate the Butler Institute of American Art and the McDonough Museum of Art, which stand across the street from each other on the Youngstown State University campus.
»1 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Elder Holland, David Archuleta promote 'Meet...
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week, moves up...
- No. 18 BYU preparing for two Utah State...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- 7 reasons why millennials are... 11
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 8
- 4 things you don't want your boss to know 6
- Work is sometimes the best medicine 3
- Something that may have caused the... 3
- How to be a billionaire 3
- 5 reasons to be optimistic about the... 2
- Utahns losing thousands of dollars to... 2