Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#11 - Youngstown-Warren, Ohio »1 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88.2 percent of the national average.
Median home value (Youngstown): $44,813
Average state income tax rate in Ohio: 3.42 percent
Average property tax rate in Ohio: 1.36 percent
State sales tax rate in Ohio: 5.5 percent
Youngstown-Warren hit hard times after the U.S. steel industry collapsed in the 1970s, shrinking the city’s population by more than 60 percent over several decades. But the city is trying to revive its economy today through projects such as the Youngstown Business Incubator, a downtown space that aims to foster growth and collaboration among technology start-ups. On the cultural side, art enthusiasts may appreciate the Butler Institute of American Art and the McDonough Museum of Art, which stand across the street from each other on the Youngstown State University campus.
»1 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Father, son charged with murder in killing of...
- Family searches for answers after daughter,...
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on the...
- Did Trump really just become a born-again...
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion...
- About Utah: Miracle Bowl BYU receiver Ryan...
- What every parent needs to know about food...
- Behind the support for Brexit and... 14
- Stocks, pound fall again due to UK vote... 8
- Costco begins new credit card agreement 4
- Financial Tips & Tricks: When is... 1
- Asian stocks mixed as markets await... 0
- Renovation Solutions: Tips for choosing... 0
- Tesla wants to be the ultimate... 0
- Utahns' confidence in the state economy... 0