Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#11 - Youngstown-Warren, Ohio »1 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88.2 percent of the national average.
Median home value (Youngstown): $44,813
Average state income tax rate in Ohio: 3.42 percent
Average property tax rate in Ohio: 1.36 percent
State sales tax rate in Ohio: 5.5 percent
Youngstown-Warren hit hard times after the U.S. steel industry collapsed in the 1970s, shrinking the city’s population by more than 60 percent over several decades. But the city is trying to revive its economy today through projects such as the Youngstown Business Incubator, a downtown space that aims to foster growth and collaboration among technology start-ups. On the cultural side, art enthusiasts may appreciate the Butler Institute of American Art and the McDonough Museum of Art, which stand across the street from each other on the Youngstown State University campus.
»1 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson, Utah...
- Injured Mormon senior missionary shares long...
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term solution?...
- Two Utah schools under federal investigation...
- Judge sends Jeremy Johnson to prison for more...
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived by New...
- Utah native Michelle Money reveals powerful...
- Morning links: Joe Ingles has a busy week;...
- Get all your outdoors work done by... 14
- How to recognize the signs of a scam... 4
- Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.83B, marking... 3
- Michelle Singletary: Tying the knot... 1
- US growth is thought to have rebounded... 0
- Italian banks under glare as EU stress... 0
- Dave Ramsey says: Knowing when to raise... 0
- Sturt & Nordstrom: Pokemon Go says... 0