Top 10 cities for frugal retirees
#11 - Youngstown-Warren, Ohio »1 of 11 «
Cost of living: 88.2 percent of the national average.
Median home value (Youngstown): $44,813
Average state income tax rate in Ohio: 3.42 percent
Average property tax rate in Ohio: 1.36 percent
State sales tax rate in Ohio: 5.5 percent
Youngstown-Warren hit hard times after the U.S. steel industry collapsed in the 1970s, shrinking the city’s population by more than 60 percent over several decades. But the city is trying to revive its economy today through projects such as the Youngstown Business Incubator, a downtown space that aims to foster growth and collaboration among technology start-ups. On the cultural side, art enthusiasts may appreciate the Butler Institute of American Art and the McDonough Museum of Art, which stand across the street from each other on the Youngstown State University campus.
»1 of 11 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- Fear of pending apocalypse led to...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- Man accused in BYU gropings accepts diversion...
- LDS statement could move Utah...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 60
- Helping students 'climb the mountain'... 11
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- Want to save money in 2015?... 4
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 2
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 1