High school football: Felt's Facts Week 5
Editor's note: This week’s edition includes lists of the top-20 winningest coaches, both all-time and active, by victories and winning percentage. Another feature lists each school’s record holder for single-game passing and rushing yards. Some of the top performers may be unexpected.
The Unbeaten and the Winless
The number of undefeated teams dropped from 23 to 16 last week, while six squads picked up their first victory, leaving 15 still working for that first win.
Just one contest pits unblemished teams, and it’s a Region 5 showdown: surprising Roy at Logan. A victory sends the Royals to 5-0 for just the fourth time in their 49 years, and first since their best-ever 10-0 start in 1975 when Jim McMahon played QB. Logan has won 13 straight in the series going back to 1992 to grab a 16-14 lead.
Only one game matches winless squads, and again it’s in Region 5: Bonneville at Mountain Crest. MC has snared the last 10 to lead the series 13-6.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions or corrections – email email@example.com
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- BYU supports Virginia kicker whose dad...
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- Former BYU tight end Dennis Pitta's season is...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- BYU football: No rest for BYU defense during...
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Knuckleheads with...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 160
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 109
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to... 82
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 53
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset,... 29