High school football: Felt's Facts Week 5
Editor's note: This week’s edition includes lists of the top-20 winningest coaches, both all-time and active, by victories and winning percentage. Another feature lists each school’s record holder for single-game passing and rushing yards. Some of the top performers may be unexpected.
The Unbeaten and the Winless
The number of undefeated teams dropped from 23 to 16 last week, while six squads picked up their first victory, leaving 15 still working for that first win.
Just one contest pits unblemished teams, and it’s a Region 5 showdown: surprising Roy at Logan. A victory sends the Royals to 5-0 for just the fourth time in their 49 years, and first since their best-ever 10-0 start in 1975 when Jim McMahon played QB. Logan has won 13 straight in the series going back to 1992 to grab a 16-14 lead.
Only one game matches winless squads, and again it’s in Region 5: Bonneville at Mountain Crest. MC has snared the last 10 to lead the series 13-6.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions or corrections – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- New mission presidents
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response for...
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney challenging...
- New temple presidents
- Tips & Tricks: 6 reasons you may be getting...
- Skateboarder dies after being shot in...
- Doug Robinson: $280M UCLA deal breaks record,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Dave Rose anxious to get...
- ESPN's Jake Trotter says it's 'Big 12... 152
- Morning links: Broncos like Devontae... 68
- Brad Rock: BYU-Utah hoops are back... 51
- Rivalry renewed: BYU, Utah agree to a... 49
- Brad Rock: This is the Big 12 —of... 41
- Morning links: BYU shirt summits Mt.... 37
- Why can't we be friends? BYU-Utah fans... 31
- Video: 100 days until college football... 27