Obesity in America: The 10 most obese states
»10 items «
According to a report released Thursday by Trust for America's Health, a nonprofit national health advocacy group, obesity in America is increasing at an alarming rate, with adult obesity rates increasing in 16 states in the past year and failing to decline in any state. The reports states that 20 years ago, no state had an obesity rate above 15 percent. However, today, more than two out of three states, 38 total, have obesity rates over 25 percent, and just one has a rate lower than 20 percent. Here we examine the 10 most obese states. For more on Utah's placement, click here.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Lehi toddler killed in accident remembered as...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- A river runs dry: Water and the future of...
Most Commented Across Site
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone... 175
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- President Obama to make first trip to... 111
- Why I don’t call myself a... 96
- Student loan recipients on 'strike'... 77
- Dear mom on the iPhone: Let me tell you... 75
- 11 things you should know about the... 73
- Democrats blast Rudy Giuliani for... 68