Obesity in America: The 10 most obese states
»10 items «
According to a report released Thursday by Trust for America's Health, a nonprofit national health advocacy group, obesity in America is increasing at an alarming rate, with adult obesity rates increasing in 16 states in the past year and failing to decline in any state. The reports states that 20 years ago, no state had an obesity rate above 15 percent. However, today, more than two out of three states, 38 total, have obesity rates over 25 percent, and just one has a rate lower than 20 percent. Here we examine the 10 most obese states. For more on Utah's placement, click here.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Are church youth dances outdated?
- Seeking and sorrowing: Sisters of the Prophet...
- The Clean Cut: After dad's death, brother...
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Returned Mormon missionary wins Ms. Virginia...
- She paid for a family's groceries and got...
- There is no such thing as a bulletproof marriage
- Number of LDS converts, missionaries...
Most Commented Across Site
- LDS Church, other religions urge... 102
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 74
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Married lesbian couple sues Utah to be... 65
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Defending the Faith: The mystery of the... 62
- Faith groups urge Supreme Court to... 61