Obesity in America: The 10 most obese states
»10 items «
According to a report released Thursday by Trust for America's Health, a nonprofit national health advocacy group, obesity in America is increasing at an alarming rate, with adult obesity rates increasing in 16 states in the past year and failing to decline in any state. The reports states that 20 years ago, no state had an obesity rate above 15 percent. However, today, more than two out of three states, 38 total, have obesity rates over 25 percent, and just one has a rate lower than 20 percent. Here we examine the 10 most obese states. For more on Utah's placement, click here.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Utah Sports Ruckus: BYU football's first...
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia team...
- Six arrested in wild Utah County kidnapping;...
- 'Living nightmare' almost over for daughters...
- Dick Harmon: Is BYU quarterback Taysom Hill...
Most Commented Across Site
- AAC commish: BYU is a 'power' team 130
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Roller-coaster ride: BYU outlasts... 103
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 80
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 80
- 'They killed my son because he's... 78
- Letter: Moral decline 74
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66