Obesity in America: The 10 most obese states
»10 items «
According to a report released Thursday by Trust for America's Health, a nonprofit national health advocacy group, obesity in America is increasing at an alarming rate, with adult obesity rates increasing in 16 states in the past year and failing to decline in any state. The reports states that 20 years ago, no state had an obesity rate above 15 percent. However, today, more than two out of three states, 38 total, have obesity rates over 25 percent, and just one has a rate lower than 20 percent. Here we examine the 10 most obese states. For more on Utah's placement, click here.
»10 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Pac-12 commissioner 'delighted' that his...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
Most Commented Across Site
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 103
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- New study: Mormon pioneers were safer... 72
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 66
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest? 65
- Letter: Gun control 57