Must-know facts and stats going into the BYU-Utah football game
1. Utes dominated early rivalry games »1 of 10 «
Courtesy Utah Athletics
Before 1972, it was almost a given that Utah would beat BYU. From 1922 to 1971, the Utes and Cougars met 47 times, and Utah dominated the series with a 38-5-4 record. If you want to include the six meetings between Utah and Brigham Young Academy during the 1890s, that series was split (3-3).
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Prison inmates start hunger strike, demand...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- My Plan: A new tool to help LDS missionaries...
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- LDS Church leaders share personal photos and...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- One year later: Slow movement on slide repairs
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 107
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 53
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 42
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21