Must-know facts and stats going into the BYU-Utah football game
1. Utes dominated early rivalry games »1 of 10 «
Courtesy Utah Athletics
Before 1972, it was almost a given that Utah would beat BYU. From 1922 to 1971, the Utes and Cougars met 47 times, and Utah dominated the series with a 38-5-4 record. If you want to include the six meetings between Utah and Brigham Young Academy during the 1890s, that series was split (3-3).
»1 of 10 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 111
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 71
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 46
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45