BYU vs. Utah and other top rivalries disrupted by conference realignment
Texas vs. Texas A&M »5 of 6 «
Watching the Aggies play the Longhorns used to be as much a part of Thanksgiving as the turkey. Now, that tradition has gone the way of the dodo.
The rivalry came to an abrupt end as Texas A&M left the Big 12 for the SEC last year. It's no secret that A&M resented the way that Texas lorded over the conference, and the new Longhorn Network was the final straw, according to Andy Staples of SI.com.
Of course, these two schools could have worked things out so that this rivalry would continue. After all, Florida makes time for Florida State and USC always makes sure to play Notre Dame.
Instead, pride won out.
Texas A&M President R. Bowen Loftin completely blew off the importance of this rivalry, according to CBS's Chip Patterson. "It's not relevent to us anymore. That's the whole point. It's not an important issue."
College football nation doesn't see it the same way. State Rep. Ryan Guillen introduced a bill to force Texas to play Texas A&M every year, according to ESPN.
It didn't pass, and Texas vs. Texas A&M is no more.
»5 of 6 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior is Born'...
- BYU-USU video: 5 plays that turned the game...
- College Football: Utah moves back into top...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell...
- Utes outlast Colorado to cap best... 99
- BYU's big plays, big second half, spell... 41
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 39
- BYU holds on for tougher-than-expected... 34
- Utah State denies David Collette's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best... 23
- Doug Robinson: Colorado-Utah: In the... 23
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA... 23