BYU vs. Utah and other top rivalries disrupted by conference realignment
Michigan vs. Notre Dame »2 of 6 «
Everyone wants to be Notre Dame's rival, but Michigan's rivalry with the Irish has been particularly entertaining. The last five games came down to 11 points or less, and four of the last five were decided by a touchdown or less.
Why would anyone want this to stop?
Even though neither team is making any conference changes in football, Notre Dame joined the ACC for basketball and has also signed a scheduling agreement with the ACC. Apparently, Notre Dame couldn't find any room for Michigan in the future.
Michigan head coach Brady Hoke accused Notre Dame of "chickening out," according to ESPN. Then, when the Wolverines beat the Irish 41-30 in the final game of this rivalry, Michigan fans danced the "Chicken Dance" to bid their former rival farewell.
»2 of 6 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- High school boys basketball: TJ Haws' career...
- Duke's Jabari Parker faces tough stay-or-go...
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of 3-pointers,...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Utah basketball: Utes clip Cal in... 83
- High school boys basketball: 5A/4A/1A... 57
- BYU football: Practice fights elicit... 56
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 49
- BYU baseball: BYU beats Utah, 20-3 47
- Doug Robinson: Time to move on for... 43
- BYU basketball: Despite dearth of... 29
- CougarLinks: BYU picked to win WCC... 28