BYU vs. Utah and other top rivalries disrupted by conference realignment
Michigan vs. Notre Dame »2 of 6 «
Everyone wants to be Notre Dame's rival, but Michigan's rivalry with the Irish has been particularly entertaining. The last five games came down to 11 points or less, and four of the last five were decided by a touchdown or less.
Why would anyone want this to stop?
Even though neither team is making any conference changes in football, Notre Dame joined the ACC for basketball and has also signed a scheduling agreement with the ACC. Apparently, Notre Dame couldn't find any room for Michigan in the future.
Michigan head coach Brady Hoke accused Notre Dame of "chickening out," according to ESPN. Then, when the Wolverines beat the Irish 41-30 in the final game of this rivalry, Michigan fans danced the "Chicken Dance" to bid their former rival farewell.
»2 of 6 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Doug Robinson: 'In Football We Trust'...
- New mission presidents
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Utah Utes still pursuing several big-time...
- LDS mission president's wife dies
- Brad Rock: BYU asleep at the switch on... 98
- BYU, Michigan State agree to... 88
- Peavler: Can BYU football rise up to... 61
- Dick Harmon: BYU continuing new policy... 54
- Utah football: Utes add former BYU... 51
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 36
- Dick Harmon: Texas speedster Charles... 27
- Masina, Gustin develop friendship that... 19