History of the rivalry: The top 15 BYU vs. Utah football games
Burton's block: Nov. 27, 2010 — Utah 17 BYU 16 »14 of 15 «
This was BYU and Utah's final rivalry game as members of the Mountain West before the Utes left for the Pac-12 and the Cougars turned independent.
The BYU defense managed to hold Utah scoreless through three quarters as the offense inched its way to a 13-0 lead. Utah's Joe Phillips then hit a 40-yard field goal to put the Utes on the board, and Jordan Wynn's 37-yard touchdown pass to DeVonte Christopher put Utah within three.
Mitch Payne's 42-yard field goal increased BYU's lead to six. Then, the determined Utes found the end zone again as Matt Asiada rushed in from three yards out and Utah took a 17-16 lead.
BYU responded by driving the ball all the way to the Utah 25-yard line. Mitch Payne had the game in his hands as he lined up for a game-winning 42-yard field goal attempt.
Utah's Brandon Burton had other ideas and blocked Payne's field goal. The Utes held on to win, 17-16.
»14 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- BYU football: Cougars to play Washington in...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 61
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 51
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 36
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27
- BYU basketball: Breaking down UMass,... 27
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie... 27