History of the rivalry: The top 15 BYU vs. Utah football games
Burton's block: Nov. 27, 2010 — Utah 17 BYU 16 »14 of 15 «
This was BYU and Utah's final rivalry game as members of the Mountain West before the Utes left for the Pac-12 and the Cougars turned independent.
The BYU defense managed to hold Utah scoreless through three quarters as the offense inched its way to a 13-0 lead. Utah's Joe Phillips then hit a 40-yard field goal to put the Utes on the board, and Jordan Wynn's 37-yard touchdown pass to DeVonte Christopher put Utah within three.
Mitch Payne's 42-yard field goal increased BYU's lead to six. Then, the determined Utes found the end zone again as Matt Asiada rushed in from three yards out and Utah took a 17-16 lead.
BYU responded by driving the ball all the way to the Utah 25-yard line. Mitch Payne had the game in his hands as he lined up for a game-winning 42-yard field goal attempt.
Utah's Brandon Burton had other ideas and blocked Payne's field goal. The Utes held on to win, 17-16.
»14 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Video: Man uses 'random acts of pasta' to...
- Ezekiel Ansah unveils his Turkey Dance...
- Lawmakers to rehash Utah's stillbirth law due...
- The Clean Cut: David Archuleta sings 'If the...
- Warrant reveals new details into BYU soap or...
- The No. 1 cause of divorce may not be what...
- BYU football: Cougar defense confident it can...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 38
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30
- Cougars fall short again in 87-85 loss... 28
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School... 28
- Utah lands three-star RB commit and... 25