History of the rivalry: The top 15 BYU vs. Utah football games
Burton's block: Nov. 27, 2010 — Utah 17 BYU 16 »14 of 15 «
This was BYU and Utah's final rivalry game as members of the Mountain West before the Utes left for the Pac-12 and the Cougars turned independent.
The BYU defense managed to hold Utah scoreless through three quarters as the offense inched its way to a 13-0 lead. Utah's Joe Phillips then hit a 40-yard field goal to put the Utes on the board, and Jordan Wynn's 37-yard touchdown pass to DeVonte Christopher put Utah within three.
Mitch Payne's 42-yard field goal increased BYU's lead to six. Then, the determined Utes found the end zone again as Matt Asiada rushed in from three yards out and Utah took a 17-16 lead.
BYU responded by driving the ball all the way to the Utah 25-yard line. Mitch Payne had the game in his hands as he lined up for a game-winning 42-yard field goal attempt.
Utah's Brandon Burton had other ideas and blocked Payne's field goal. The Utes held on to win, 17-16.
»14 of 15 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- New mission presidents
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Employee error ruins 41 acres of Salt Lake...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’