How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week three
Utah Utes »4 of 39 «
Last week: Lost 51-48 in OT vs. Oregon State (2-1)
Up next: at BYU (1-1), Saturday, 8:15 MDT ESPN2
The Utes lost a heartbreaker Saturday night, losing in overtime 51-48 to Oregon State.
While nobody likes losing, Ute fans should be encouraged with Travis Wilson’s performance. Wilson was unstoppable, running the ball as he rushed for more than 142 yards and three touchdowns. Wilson wasn’t as effective through the air as he completed just 19/33 passes for 279 and two touchdowns. Wilson also threw three costly interceptions on the day.
"I just tried to make plays, tried to make up for those turnovers I had, tried to make this game as close as it could be, but I just fell a little short," Wilson said.
The Utes have no time to dwell on Saturday night’s loss as they must now prepare to take on BYU next Saturday. The long rivalry tradition between these two teams will take a two-year break before resuming in 2016 and 2017, which means this year’s rivalry game will mean a lot more for fans, coaches and players.
»4 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- Pregnant woman killed in collision with...
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees; presents...
- Utah case highlights painful challenges...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 99
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 32
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7