How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week three
Utah Utes »4 of 39 «
Last week: Lost 51-48 in OT vs. Oregon State (2-1)
Up next: at BYU (1-1), Saturday, 8:15 MDT ESPN2
The Utes lost a heartbreaker Saturday night, losing in overtime 51-48 to Oregon State.
While nobody likes losing, Ute fans should be encouraged with Travis Wilson’s performance. Wilson was unstoppable, running the ball as he rushed for more than 142 yards and three touchdowns. Wilson wasn’t as effective through the air as he completed just 19/33 passes for 279 and two touchdowns. Wilson also threw three costly interceptions on the day.
"I just tried to make plays, tried to make up for those turnovers I had, tried to make this game as close as it could be, but I just fell a little short," Wilson said.
The Utes have no time to dwell on Saturday night’s loss as they must now prepare to take on BYU next Saturday. The long rivalry tradition between these two teams will take a two-year break before resuming in 2016 and 2017, which means this year’s rivalry game will mean a lot more for fans, coaches and players.
»4 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS First Presidency announces area...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- New mission presidents
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of the...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- Mormon mom battling breast cancer during...
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- LA man builds small home for homeless lady
- Brad Rock: Utah-BYU rivalry will... 166
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 85
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 45
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 44
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 41
- BYU hires Lone Peak's Quincy Lewis as... 40
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises... 37