How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week three
Utah Utes »4 of 39 «
Last week: Lost 51-48 in OT vs. Oregon State (2-1)
Up next: at BYU (1-1), Saturday, 8:15 MDT ESPN2
The Utes lost a heartbreaker Saturday night, losing in overtime 51-48 to Oregon State.
While nobody likes losing, Ute fans should be encouraged with Travis Wilson’s performance. Wilson was unstoppable, running the ball as he rushed for more than 142 yards and three touchdowns. Wilson wasn’t as effective through the air as he completed just 19/33 passes for 279 and two touchdowns. Wilson also threw three costly interceptions on the day.
"I just tried to make plays, tried to make up for those turnovers I had, tried to make this game as close as it could be, but I just fell a little short," Wilson said.
The Utes have no time to dwell on Saturday night’s loss as they must now prepare to take on BYU next Saturday. The long rivalry tradition between these two teams will take a two-year break before resuming in 2016 and 2017, which means this year’s rivalry game will mean a lot more for fans, coaches and players.
»4 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU preparing...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- U. doctor thanks strangers who saved him,...
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 47
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 43
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 32
- Peavler: Penalties out of control at BYU 28
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 27
- Dick Harmon: BYU's defense could use... 24