How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week three
UNLV Rebels »37 of 39 «
Last week: Won 31-21 vs. Central Michigan (1-2)
Up next: Home vs. Western Illinois (2-1)
We here at the Deseret News would like to take credit for inspiring UNLV to its first win of the season. Obviously, the Rebels read our capsule from last week about the billboard featuring former basketball coach Lon Kruger and decided enough was enough.
The Rebels rattled off 31 straight points at home in a school record-tying comeback win. Backup quarterback Caleb Herring threw a 50-plus-yard pass in the middle of the second quarter for a huge gain, and the UNLV Rebels suddenly woke up.
“There’s no other feeling like winning,” Herring told the Las Vegas Sun.
UNLV will look to equal its win total from last year this week against Western Illinois.
»37 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- A beleaguered family — 12 in 4...
- Li-Fraumeni syndrome forces the Thompson...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- AirAsia plane carrying 162 lost in stormy...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Man shot, killed in confrontation with Tooele...
- Cancer patient turns big goodbye to wedding...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13