How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week three
UNLV Rebels »37 of 39 «
Last week: Won 31-21 vs. Central Michigan (1-2)
Up next: Home vs. Western Illinois (2-1)
We here at the Deseret News would like to take credit for inspiring UNLV to its first win of the season. Obviously, the Rebels read our capsule from last week about the billboard featuring former basketball coach Lon Kruger and decided enough was enough.
The Rebels rattled off 31 straight points at home in a school record-tying comeback win. Backup quarterback Caleb Herring threw a 50-plus-yard pass in the middle of the second quarter for a huge gain, and the UNLV Rebels suddenly woke up.
“There’s no other feeling like winning,” Herring told the Las Vegas Sun.
UNLV will look to equal its win total from last year this week against Western Illinois.
»37 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Parade spectators celebrate pioneers past and...
- Getting back up off the ground: Utahn...
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says Harvey...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- From autonomy to Harvey Langi: Tidbits from...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 112
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 88
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 65
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 48
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 31
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 28
- Utes notebook: Kyle Whittingham says... 25