How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week three
UNLV Rebels »37 of 39 «
Last week: Won 31-21 vs. Central Michigan (1-2)
Up next: Home vs. Western Illinois (2-1)
We here at the Deseret News would like to take credit for inspiring UNLV to its first win of the season. Obviously, the Rebels read our capsule from last week about the billboard featuring former basketball coach Lon Kruger and decided enough was enough.
The Rebels rattled off 31 straight points at home in a school record-tying comeback win. Backup quarterback Caleb Herring threw a 50-plus-yard pass in the middle of the second quarter for a huge gain, and the UNLV Rebels suddenly woke up.
“There’s no other feeling like winning,” Herring told the Las Vegas Sun.
UNLV will look to equal its win total from last year this week against Western Illinois.
»37 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS leaders respond to reaction over their...
- Faith and family are driving forces for LDS...
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- Jury exonerates Marc Jenson in fraud, money...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- LDS Church releases statement on construction...
- BYU football players gather for 30 year...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34