How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week three
UNLV Rebels »37 of 39 «
Last week: Won 31-21 vs. Central Michigan (1-2)
Up next: Home vs. Western Illinois (2-1)
We here at the Deseret News would like to take credit for inspiring UNLV to its first win of the season. Obviously, the Rebels read our capsule from last week about the billboard featuring former basketball coach Lon Kruger and decided enough was enough.
The Rebels rattled off 31 straight points at home in a school record-tying comeback win. Backup quarterback Caleb Herring threw a 50-plus-yard pass in the middle of the second quarter for a huge gain, and the UNLV Rebels suddenly woke up.
“There’s no other feeling like winning,” Herring told the Las Vegas Sun.
UNLV will look to equal its win total from last year this week against Western Illinois.
»37 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley paying a...
- LDS leaders announce new teaching manual,...
- Morning links: Bronson Kaufusi could be on...
- Motherhood Matters: What if I don’t...
- After more than 6 years, 3 families yearn for...
- LDS leader speaks to young adults about...
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire of...
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs...
- Former BYU running back Luke Staley... 108
- Bronco-bound Booker is Utah's only NFL... 65
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 31
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 22
- Guest commentary: BYU football and... 21
- Former BYU quarterback Jake Heaps signs... 13
- Decades later, Thurl Bailey and N.C.... 12