How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week three
UNLV Rebels »37 of 39 «
Last week: Won 31-21 vs. Central Michigan (1-2)
Up next: Home vs. Western Illinois (2-1)
We here at the Deseret News would like to take credit for inspiring UNLV to its first win of the season. Obviously, the Rebels read our capsule from last week about the billboard featuring former basketball coach Lon Kruger and decided enough was enough.
The Rebels rattled off 31 straight points at home in a school record-tying comeback win. Backup quarterback Caleb Herring threw a 50-plus-yard pass in the middle of the second quarter for a huge gain, and the UNLV Rebels suddenly woke up.
“There’s no other feeling like winning,” Herring told the Las Vegas Sun.
UNLV will look to equal its win total from last year this week against Western Illinois.
»37 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on the...
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during...
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan...
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33...
- The pro-life plan that could reverse recent...
- 1-year-old Riverton boy left in hot car,...
- Utah Jazz: Examining how George Hill,...
- 2016 Seminar for New Mission Presidents:...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 76
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 28
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14