There she is: From 1921 to 2015, see the Miss America pageant through the years
1921 »2 of 101 «
Contestants in the first Miss America pageant line up for the judges in Atlantic City, N.J., in Sept. 1921. Second from left is Margaret Gorman, who won the competition. Miss America started as a bathing suit contest on the uncomplicated theory it might help fill Atlantic City hotel rooms for an extra week past Labor Day at the end of the summer season.
»2 of 101 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- BYU basketball: Collinsworth sets NCAA career...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior is Born'...
- Dick Harmon: After tossing 4 TDs, BYU's...
- College Football: Utah moves back into top...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- New MTC presidents
- College Football: Utah moves back into... 43
- Obama admin says states lack authority... 40
- Police: 3 killed, 9 wounded in attack... 32
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in... 25
- Official says gunman made 'no more baby... 23
- 'No more baby parts': Reclusive... 16
- Planned Parenthood under fire literally... 14
- Local free community college plans may... 7