There she is: From 1921 to 2015, see the Miss America pageant through the years
1921 »2 of 101 «
Contestants in the first Miss America pageant line up for the judges in Atlantic City, N.J., in Sept. 1921. Second from left is Margaret Gorman, who won the competition. Miss America started as a bathing suit contest on the uncomplicated theory it might help fill Atlantic City hotel rooms for an extra week past Labor Day at the end of the summer season.
»2 of 101 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- New mission presidents
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- US adds just 151k jobs in January; 4.9... 28
- Obama pushes for every child to learn... 21
- Cruz, Rubio eye NH momentum as Dems... 15
- Donald Trump calls for Iowa election... 14
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul quits 2016 GOP... 12
- Once a bromance, now a brawl: Trump and... 10
- 5 things to know about the Super Bowl... 9
- In a U.S. divided on gun control,... 8