There she is: From 1921 to 2014, see the Miss America pageant through the years
1921 »2 of 100 «
Contestants in the first Miss America pageant line up for the judges in Atlantic City, N.J., in Sept. 1921. Second from left is Margaret Gorman, who won the competition. Miss America started as a bathing suit contest on the uncomplicated theory it might help fill Atlantic City hotel rooms for an extra week past Labor Day at the end of the summer season.
»2 of 100 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new walk-on...
- LDS Church will continue Boy Scout program
- BYU coaches happy about development of...
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU...
- 8 interesting facts about the Toronto Ontario...
- Recently vandalized Fort Collins Colorado...
- Man dies in head-on collision after truck...
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into life...
- Poll: Utahns would take Donald Trump... 75
- Trump starts new media feud with... 36
- What keeps teachers from staying in the... 34
- GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush has... 28
- USC's Steve Sarkisian apologizes for... 17
- Trump says he's proud he booted... 16
- US stocks pare losses after 1,000-point... 15
- Fired reporter kills 2 former... 15