10 must-know facts about BYU football during the bye week
BYU has a tough schedule in 2013 — arguably its toughest ever — as it faces formidable opponents with strong coaches, tough defenses and potent offenses.
Notre Dame was undefeated last year until it lost to Alabama in the National Championship. Wisconsin shut out its first two opponents in 2013. Nevada is one of only six teams to beat BYU at home in the Mendenhall era. In their first two games, the Utes outscored their opponents 100-33. Utah State is a dangerous in-state rival that enjoyed its first-ever 11-win season in 2012.
Against BYU, Texas's defense wasn't quite everything it was pumped up to be, but the Longhorns did manage to put up a school record 715 yards in week one.
With a 1-1 record so far in its 2013 season, the Cougars now embark upon a week of rest and preparation in advance of the biggest game in the Beehive State, the BYU-Utah showdown.
It won't be long before Utes and Cougars are at each other's throats. In the meantime, here are 10 must-know facts about BYU football for the bye week.
Michael is a graduate of Dixie State University and the owner of Mike's Professional Editing LLC, which provides editing, proofreading, and audio transcription services. EMAIL: email@example.com
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Women hired by LDS Church History Department...
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- New mission presidents
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 102
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 84
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 64
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 33
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to... 25
- Defense, rebounding, big second half... 22