Remembering 9/11: Mormon leaders share messages of comfort
As we reflect today on the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, we would like to remind our readers of these messages of comfort shared by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the days and years since that awful day.
President Gordon B. Hinckley, President Thomas S. Monson and Elder Quentin L. Cook are among those highlighted in this list.
Click through to see the 12 messages.
Editor's note: An article by Trent Toone featuring many of these messages was originally published on DeseretNews.com in 2011, on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- LDS Church to break ground next month for...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 219
- Richard Davis: Latter-day Saints should... 190
- Greg Bell: Defenders of religious... 87
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 73
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 73
- In our opinion: U.S. Supreme Court... 71