Remembering 9/11: Mormon leaders share messages of comfort
As we reflect this weekend on the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, we would like to remind our readers of these messages of comfort shared by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the days and years since that awful day.
President Gordon B. Hinckley, President Thomas S. Monson and Elder Quentin L. Cook are among those highlighted in this list.
Click through to see the 12 messages.
Editor's note: An article by Trent Toone featuring many of these messages was originally published on DeseretNews.com in 2011, on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
- UTubers: Returned LDS missionary part of...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired assistant...
- LDS Church opposed to state senator's medical...
- New mission presidents
- LDS missionaries safe in Taiwan after earthquake
- Mormon Mentions: Adam Levine praises The...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- Mormon Taylor Swift look-alike draws national...
- Son of Oregon occupier killed by police... 106
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 96
- Morning links: Which Utah school has... 93
- Morning links: BYU-Utah bowl matchup... 85
- Doug Robinson: Think Utah is BYU's 'big... 82
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 82
- Wright Words: Why I'm not forcing my... 79
- Morning links: Phil Steele discusses... 72