Remembering 9/11: Mormon leaders share messages of comfort
As we reflect today on the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001, we would like to remind our readers of these messages of comfort shared by leaders of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the days and years since that awful day.
President Gordon B. Hinckley, President Thomas S. Monson and Elder Quentin L. Cook are among those highlighted in this list.
Click through to see the 12 messages.
Editor's note: An article by Trent Toone featuring many of these messages was originally published on DeseretNews.com in 2011, on the 10th anniversary of 9/11.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 109
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 85
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 69
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- In our opinion: New conservative war on... 53