How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week two
No. 21 Notre Dame Fighting Irish »12 of 39 «
Last week: Lost 30-41 at Michigan (2-0)
Up Next: at Purdue (1-1)
As the season began, rumblings were heard in South Bend that this year's defense could be better than last year's defense, a unit that carried the Irish all the way to the national championship.
After surrendering 40 points for the second time in three games, it's clear that this year's defense is not as good as last year's.
"We've got new players," Irish head coach Brian Kelly told reporters. "We lost some talented players, for sure. But I think we've got some guys that are learning, in some new roles. … I would feel a lot different moving forward if I didn't think we have the players necessary to have a good defense and the level of defense we need with the schedule we play. We've got to clean some things up and I'm confident we will."
The Irish will continue their Big 10 road trip against a Purdue squad aching for a quality win.
»12 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...