How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week two
No. 21 Notre Dame Fighting Irish »12 of 39 «
Last week: Lost 30-41 at Michigan (2-0)
Up Next: at Purdue (1-1)
As the season began, rumblings were heard in South Bend that this year's defense could be better than last year's defense, a unit that carried the Irish all the way to the national championship.
After surrendering 40 points for the second time in three games, it's clear that this year's defense is not as good as last year's.
"We've got new players," Irish head coach Brian Kelly told reporters. "We lost some talented players, for sure. But I think we've got some guys that are learning, in some new roles. … I would feel a lot different moving forward if I didn't think we have the players necessary to have a good defense and the level of defense we need with the schedule we play. We've got to clean some things up and I'm confident we will."
The Irish will continue their Big 10 road trip against a Purdue squad aching for a quality win.
»12 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...