How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week two
No. 21 Notre Dame Fighting Irish »12 of 39 «
Last week: Lost 30-41 at Michigan (2-0)
Up Next: at Purdue (1-1)
As the season began, rumblings were heard in South Bend that this year's defense could be better than last year's defense, a unit that carried the Irish all the way to the national championship.
After surrendering 40 points for the second time in three games, it's clear that this year's defense is not as good as last year's.
"We've got new players," Irish head coach Brian Kelly told reporters. "We lost some talented players, for sure. But I think we've got some guys that are learning, in some new roles. … I would feel a lot different moving forward if I didn't think we have the players necessary to have a good defense and the level of defense we need with the schedule we play. We've got to clean some things up and I'm confident we will."
The Irish will continue their Big 10 road trip against a Purdue squad aching for a quality win.
»12 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- New mission presidents
- All 4 of Joseph Smith's firsthand accounts of...
- In our opinion: Marriage definition on...
- Father raises awareness of congenital defect...
- Gordon Hayward looks to get better at...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- LDS Church to create Central Eurasian Mission...
- National experts weigh in on the BYU Cougars'...
- Little offense as main players sit out... 102
- Brad Rock: BYU's window is closing; big... 101
- Ultimate football road trips:... 48
- Morning links: Duke in pursuit of Lone... 44
- Brighton wide receiver Simi Fehoko... 42
- BYU offense looking to move the ball,... 30
- Analysis: Utah Jazz will be better, but... 14
- Dave Rose hires May as BYU's director... 13