How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week two
Idaho State Bengals »11 of 39 «
Last week: Won 40-14 vs. Dixie State
Up next: Home vs. Western State Colorado
The Bengals led by a field goal in the second quarter when the Red Storm, faced with a fourth down at ISU's 26-yard line, decided to go for it and failed.
All the momentum shifted after that.
“Some key mental mistakes took the momentum away, a dropped ball on fourth down deep in the end zone,” Dixie State head coach Scott Brumfield told the Spectrum and Daily News. “You come up here and play against a bigger division school, you have to come out and execute, and you have to be sound and pay attention to the little things. We didn’t do that at times.”
Idaho State has one more home game before making a trip to the Pacific Northwest to play the Washington Huskies. It opens conference play the following week against UC-Davis.
»11 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- 'Meet the Mormons' reaches $4.5 million mark,...
- Updated newborn screening test picks up rare...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- Steve Nash fans among Utah Jazz saddened by...
- Anything for Auni: A community rallies to...
- Changing fields: Returned missionary college...
- Sheri Dew and Noelle Pikus-Pace arm wrestle...
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 42
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21
- Beast mode: Utah running back Devontae... 18