How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week two
Idaho State Bengals »11 of 39 «
Last week: Won 40-14 vs. Dixie State
Up next: Home vs. Western State Colorado
The Bengals led by a field goal in the second quarter when the Red Storm, faced with a fourth down at ISU's 26-yard line, decided to go for it and failed.
All the momentum shifted after that.
“Some key mental mistakes took the momentum away, a dropped ball on fourth down deep in the end zone,” Dixie State head coach Scott Brumfield told the Spectrum and Daily News. “You come up here and play against a bigger division school, you have to come out and execute, and you have to be sound and pay attention to the little things. We didn’t do that at times.”
Idaho State has one more home game before making a trip to the Pacific Northwest to play the Washington Huskies. It opens conference play the following week against UC-Davis.
»11 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk (ahem,...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor Harding...
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Whittingham dishes on stadium expansion,...
- Phil Steele gives tempered assessment... 77
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 74
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 65
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 55
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 48
- BYU looking for another defensive... 33
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 32
- Utah Utes backup quarterback Donovan... 29