How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week two
Idaho State Bengals »11 of 39 «
Last week: Won 40-14 vs. Dixie State
Up next: Home vs. Western State Colorado
The Bengals led by a field goal in the second quarter when the Red Storm, faced with a fourth down at ISU's 26-yard line, decided to go for it and failed.
All the momentum shifted after that.
“Some key mental mistakes took the momentum away, a dropped ball on fourth down deep in the end zone,” Dixie State head coach Scott Brumfield told the Spectrum and Daily News. “You come up here and play against a bigger division school, you have to come out and execute, and you have to be sound and pay attention to the little things. We didn’t do that at times.”
Idaho State has one more home game before making a trip to the Pacific Northwest to play the Washington Huskies. It opens conference play the following week against UC-Davis.
»11 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48