How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in week two
Idaho State Bengals »11 of 39 «
Last week: Won 40-14 vs. Dixie State
Up next: Home vs. Western State Colorado
The Bengals led by a field goal in the second quarter when the Red Storm, faced with a fourth down at ISU's 26-yard line, decided to go for it and failed.
All the momentum shifted after that.
“Some key mental mistakes took the momentum away, a dropped ball on fourth down deep in the end zone,” Dixie State head coach Scott Brumfield told the Spectrum and Daily News. “You come up here and play against a bigger division school, you have to come out and execute, and you have to be sound and pay attention to the little things. We didn’t do that at times.”
Idaho State has one more home game before making a trip to the Pacific Northwest to play the Washington Huskies. It opens conference play the following week against UC-Davis.
»11 of 39 «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- 'Say Thanks': Facebook launches new feature...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Home makeover honors refugee family's service...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- 'It can happen to anyone': Utah universities...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 132
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach... 21