iPhone 5 and other new smartphones reviewed
The Xperia Z mostly catches up with offerings from Samsung and HTC, but one feature stands out: Its water-resistant shell means you can submerge the phone at least 3 feet deep for up to 30 minutes. Making water resistance a standard feature is something more phone makers should adopt as phones become companions to our active lives. Sony also enhances Google's Android system, without overly cluttering the phone. Enhancements include battery-saving features. The Xperia also brings a lot of features from Sony's stand-alone Cyber-shot cameras, while letting you highlight only the ones you actually need. Sony's new phone offering is impressive for a company better known for TVs, cameras and game machines.
— Anick Jesdanun, AP Technology Writer
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but flutters...
- The 9 most overlooked threats to a marriage
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Studio C teams up with popular indie... 6
- US jobless aid applications fall to... 5
- How students are engaging textbook... 4
- Poor and middle-class give most to... 3
- Millennials may do career and home life... 3
- What homeowners would do differently if... 2
- Does the wage gap hurt women's... 2
- HBO unleashes streaming from cable... 1