How BYU, Utah and USU's opponents fared in Week 1
Last week: Won vs. Colorado State (0-1)
This week: Home vs. Central Arkansas, Saturday
The Buffaloes found themselves in a similar situation to the Utes in week one. Having lost to an in-state rival in 2012, Colorado was looking to avenge itself and get 2013 off on the right foot.
Colorado's victory over the Rams was far more complete than Utah's win over USU. Junior quarterback Connor Wood threw for 400 yards, receiver Paul Richardson hauled in 10 catches for 208 yards, and the Buffs outgained CSU 513-295.
CSU was favored in this game. What a reversal from a year ago.
"It's just one game," Colorado head coach Mike MacIntyre told the media following the game. "Now we've got to keep doing it."
The Buffs will take something of a break in Week 2, hosting FCS opponent Central Arkansas in Boulder.
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in the...
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- LDS stake presidency participates in ALS Ice...
- 'Frozen' star Santino Fontana discusses...
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a repeat...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- College football predictions: How will... 87
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 55
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 39
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- UCLA defensive end Kylie Fitts... 31
- BYU football: Taysom Hill's experience,... 30