5A, 4A and Washington County 3A football expenses, school by school
High school is anything but inexpensive.
In addition to the cost of books, pens, papers, notepads, binders, erasers, computer software and a myriad of other school essentials, parents have found that extra-curricular sports — namely football — costs a bundle as well.
The Deseret News successfully contacted nearly forty different 5A, 4A and 3A Utah high schools in order to assess the cost of participation in high school football along the Wasatch Front and in Washington County. Not all of them provided the information requested, but the data obtained from those who did is telling.
Here's the school-by-school breakdown on how much the sport costs for Utah's young athletes — and their parents.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- Utah family adopts 2 newborns 6 weeks apart
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- LDS Church publishes two new essays on past...
- LDS Church releases video about suicide...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 50
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 42
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 32
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 27