5A, 4A and Washington County 3A football expenses, school by school
High school is anything but inexpensive.
In addition to the cost of books, pens, papers, notepads, binders, erasers, computer software and a myriad of other school essentials, parents have found that extra-curricular sports — namely football — costs a bundle as well.
The Deseret News successfully contacted nearly forty different 5A, 4A and 3A Utah high schools in order to assess the cost of participation in high school football along the Wasatch Front and in Washington County. Not all of them provided the information requested, but the data obtained from those who did is telling.
Here's the school-by-school breakdown on how much the sport costs for Utah's young athletes — and their parents.
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings 'Happy' medley...
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- Dear daughter, I hope you never conform to...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 unbelievably simple...
- What life was like for the Mormon pioneers...
- Ask Angela: Are my leggings modest?
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 225
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 95
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 77
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 53
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 43
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 28
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to... 26