5A, 4A and Washington County 3A football expenses, school by school
High school is anything but inexpensive.
In addition to the cost of books, pens, papers, notepads, binders, erasers, computer software and a myriad of other school essentials, parents have found that extra-curricular sports — namely football — costs a bundle as well.
The Deseret News successfully contacted nearly forty different 5A, 4A and 3A Utah high schools in order to assess the cost of participation in high school football along the Wasatch Front and in Washington County. Not all of them provided the information requested, but the data obtained from those who did is telling.
Here's the school-by-school breakdown on how much the sport costs for Utah's young athletes — and their parents.
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- New mission presidents
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 91
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 59
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 55
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 54
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 54
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Utah Jazz: Jazz suffer weird loss... 24
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24