5A, 4A and Washington County 3A football expenses, school by school
High school is anything but inexpensive.
In addition to the cost of books, pens, papers, notepads, binders, erasers, computer software and a myriad of other school essentials, parents have found that extra-curricular sports — namely football — costs a bundle as well.
The Deseret News successfully contacted nearly forty different 5A, 4A and 3A Utah high schools in order to assess the cost of participation in high school football along the Wasatch Front and in Washington County. Not all of them provided the information requested, but the data obtained from those who did is telling.
Here's the school-by-school breakdown on how much the sport costs for Utah's young athletes — and their parents.
- Modest swimwear makes a splash in women's retail
- Without the overdose of obscenity, 'The Book...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Jury orders Siegfried and Jensen to pay...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- 13 baby names that are making a comeback
- Teens arrested, rancher cleared after...
- Payson woman found dead in duffel bag near...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 101
- Morning links: Utah is on the rise in... 76
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32