10 local players look to make an impact in the NFL this season
Players with ties to the state of Utah will once again be well-represented on NFL rosters when the 2013 season begins this week. Approximately 40 local players landed on 53-man rosters, with others being named to practice squads.
Many of those appearing on rosters are well-established players. Guys like Haloti Ngata (Baltimore Ravens), Brett Keisel (Pittsburgh Steelers), Steve Smith (Carolina Panthers) and Eric Weddle (San Diego Chargers) have all played in Pro Bowls and are expected to again star for their respective teams.
The state also has some prominent rookies who will be looking to make an instant impact, along with others looking to build on the impact they made last season. Some, like former Utah quarterback Alex Smith and Utah linebacker Paul Kruger, will be looking to make an instant impact with new teams.
Here’s a look at some prominent local players who are looking to make an impact this season.
Email: email@example.com Twitter: @BrandonCGurney
- 'Because of Him': LDS video on Christ...
- New mission presidents
- Miracles found at new temple in Florida
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating from...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's loading up with one-year...
- Is Tyrone Corbin gone? Utah Jazz, coach's...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 91
- Jeff Benedict: Jabari Parker announces... 59
- Brad Rock: Utes nickname won't stay... 56
- CougarLinks: Former Cornhusker... 54
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 54
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Doug Robinson: Basketball needs a new,... 24
- BYU Football: Harvey Jackson bolsters... 24