High school football: Felt's Facts Week 2
Week 2 of the 2013 prep football season boasts a state-record 58 games with every team but Monument Valley in action. Of those contests, a season-high 14 involve out-of-state opponents.
Among those games, East hosts Kahuku (Hawaii) on Saturday. The Leopards haven’t faced a non-Utah opponent since falling to Pocatello in 1947 – 66 years ago. However, East has tangled with another Hawaiian team before – McKinley (Honolulu) in 1941 and 1946 – losing both times at East.
Also, West Jordan plays an out-of-state team for the first time in its 33-year history when the Jags take on the Shelley Russets, the Idaho 2012 Class 3A champions, in Pocatello. The Russets aren’t done with Utah schools as they visit Manti during Week 4.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws ire
- LDS missionaries save apartment complex from...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood should...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- Elder Per G. Malm dies at age 67
- New rule sparks debate over teacher...
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena in...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 104
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 45
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 21
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 15
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 8
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to... 7