High school football: Felt's Facts Week 2
Week 2 of the 2013 prep football season boasts a state-record 58 games with every team but Monument Valley in action. Of those contests, a season-high 14 involve out-of-state opponents.
Among those games, East hosts Kahuku (Hawaii) on Saturday. The Leopards haven’t faced a non-Utah opponent since falling to Pocatello in 1947 – 66 years ago. However, East has tangled with another Hawaiian team before – McKinley (Honolulu) in 1941 and 1946 – losing both times at East.
Also, West Jordan plays an out-of-state team for the first time in its 33-year history when the Jags take on the Shelley Russets, the Idaho 2012 Class 3A champions, in Pocatello. The Russets aren’t done with Utah schools as they visit Manti during Week 4.
Felt’s Facts welcomes questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28