The 15 best quotes from Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream" speech
»15 items «
On Aug. 28, 1963, the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. delivered his “I Have a Dream” speech from the steps of the Lincoln Memorial. Aug. 28, 2013 is the 50th anniversary of this historic event. This speech helped galvanize the Civil Rights Movement and brought the plight of the disenfranchised to a larger national and international audience. In honor of that historic moment, we present the 15 best quotes from that speech in pictures.
»15 items «
What You May Have Missed
Most Popular Across Site
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Mormon missionaries shine shoes, teach the...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes coming...
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists overnight...
- LDS Church alters Christmas devotional tradition
- Utah Jazz: Jazz continue slide with overtime...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 114
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 108
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 102
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 61
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 30
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 28