Returned Mormon missionaries in 2013 FBS college football
Several college athletes who are also members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have stepped away from the field, exchanging their football equipment for missionary suits and ties. This is a list of 112 college football players in the Football Bowl Subdivision who have served LDS missions and returned to be on rosters this season.
The list includes 47 BYU players, 24 from Utah State, 25 from Utah and two each from Hawaii, Arizona State and Oregon. UCLA, California, Georgia, Stanford, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and UNLV each have one.
If you know of a college football player we have missed, please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the player, his team and where he served his mission.
- To serve or not to serve: BYU star athletes...
- New Jersey lawsuit seeks to ban Pledge of...
- Speculation begins about who the next Utah...
- Wright Words: What do you tell a prospective...
- Brad Rock: Jazz coaching hire — this...
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Normons: A site to prove just how normal...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Bingham kicker commits to Utah after... 92
- Letter: Right and wrong 79
- My view: Anti-science ruins the climate... 67
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Robert Bennett: Immigration reform... 63
- Jim McMahon closing in on graduating... 61
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah Jazz: Tyrone Corbin's contract... 56