Returned Mormon missionaries in 2013 FBS college football
Several college athletes who are also members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have stepped away from the field, exchanging their football equipment for missionary suits and ties. This is a list of 112 college football players in the Football Bowl Subdivision who have served LDS missions and returned to be on rosters this season.
The list includes 47 BYU players, 24 from Utah State, 25 from Utah and two each from Hawaii, Arizona State and Oregon. UCLA, California, Georgia, Stanford, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and UNLV each have one.
If you know of a college football player we have missed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the player, his team and where he served his mission.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Circleville farmers scratching their heads...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- Ask Angela: I'm not getting married in... 91
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57