Returned Mormon missionaries in 2013 FBS college football
Several college athletes who are also members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have stepped away from the field, exchanging their football equipment for missionary suits and ties. This is a list of 112 college football players in the Football Bowl Subdivision who have served LDS missions and returned to be on rosters this season.
The list includes 47 BYU players, 24 from Utah State, 25 from Utah and two each from Hawaii, Arizona State and Oregon. UCLA, California, Georgia, Stanford, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and UNLV each have one.
If you know of a college football player we have missed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the player, his team and where he served his mission.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- Utah company films aerial video of renovated...
- College football: BYU receives votes in...
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Can BYU put together a special season?
- First two stakes mark milestone as LDS Church...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 115
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 107
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 83
- In our opinion: The Affordable Care Act... 79
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 77
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 73
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 54