Returned Mormon missionaries in 2013 FBS college football
Several college athletes who are also members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have stepped away from the field, exchanging their football equipment for missionary suits and ties. This is a list of 112 college football players in the Football Bowl Subdivision who have served LDS missions and returned to be on rosters this season.
The list includes 47 BYU players, 24 from Utah State, 25 from Utah and two each from Hawaii, Arizona State and Oregon. UCLA, California, Georgia, Stanford, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and UNLV each have one.
If you know of a college football player we have missed, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of the player, his team and where he served his mission.
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts addiction by...
- 13,740 acres burned in Antelope Island fire
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: I know what it's...
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat about this...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- Reports: BYU's Chase Fischer to play for...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Morning links: National college... 76
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 63
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52