Returned Mormon missionaries in 2013 FBS college football
Several college athletes who are also members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have stepped away from the field, exchanging their football equipment for missionary suits and ties. This is a list of 112 college football players in the Football Bowl Subdivision who have served LDS missions and returned to be on rosters this season.
The list includes 47 BYU players, 24 from Utah State, 25 from Utah and two each from Hawaii, Arizona State and Oregon. UCLA, California, Georgia, Stanford, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and UNLV each have one.
If you know of a college football player we have missed, please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the player, his team and where he served his mission.
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- 3 children, Ogden doctor die after boat...
- The first sign your marriage is in trouble
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- BYU star Tyler Haws' whirlwind workout tour...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- Morning links: Sports figures react to... 121
- Drew Clark: Can the state really force... 79
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 77
- Mitt Romney Sundance film gives... 66
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Elder L. Tom Perry's cancer terminal,... 56
- Letter: Increase education spending 51
- Koch brothers group launches campaign... 50