Returned Mormon missionaries in 2013 FBS college football
Several college athletes who are also members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints have stepped away from the field, exchanging their football equipment for missionary suits and ties. This is a list of 112 college football players in the Football Bowl Subdivision who have served LDS missions and returned to be on rosters this season.
The list includes 47 BYU players, 24 from Utah State, 25 from Utah and two each from Hawaii, Arizona State and Oregon. UCLA, California, Georgia, Stanford, Boise State, Oregon State, Notre Dame and UNLV each have one.
If you know of a college football player we have missed, please send an email to email@example.com with the name of the player, his team and where he served his mission.
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Leo Tolstoy's view of Mormons as teaching...
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- 'The Locator' Troy Dunn keeps working to...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- The photos from the seats and the sideline...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 139
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 108
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 90
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 76
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 74